Line Producer- WB Animation
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/13/2021 11:48:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Line Producer- WB Animation jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Line Producer- WB Animation postings
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, with an innovative and talent-rich roster boasting some of the most accomplished writers, producers and artists working today. The studio is on the cutting edge of animation technology, and has both CG and traditionally animated projects in current production and development for multiple platforms - including TV, digital and home entertainment - both domestically and internationally.
Resp onsible for the management of the production, schedule, and budget. They work closely with the Creative Producer and Studio Production Heads to ensure that the production stays on schedule and within the approved budget.
• Oversees the day-to-day activities of a production and responsible for budget, scope management and final delivery. Develops schedules/budgets at start of production and tracks costs to ensure production is delivered on budget and on schedule.
• Escalate any issues to WBA executives that would delay delivery or cause cost overages. Partners with production accounting to monitor and actualize project budgets and report costs.
• Responsible for setting up of the production pipeline/workflow and show tracking systems within Shotgun for the production and oversee the preparation of all pre-production materials. Work with the production staff to create micro-schedules for each department. Adjust production workflow & schedule on as needed basis. Monitor daily/weekly workflow and manage the distribution and timelines of all production assignments.
• Responsible for understanding and upholding WBA/Business Affairs standards and processes.
• Manage personnel and operational issues.
• Monitor crew start and end dates, including freelancers.
• Handle recruitment of production team including PM and APM positions. Work with Production Manager to train production staff on all aspects of the pre-production process. Act as a mentor to production team. Set up and supervise weekly Production Management meetings as needed.
• Approve crew timesheets & any necessary OT. Handle requests for vacations and time off.
• Complete new hire and termination paperwork and manage the on-boarding process of the crew (ie: equipment, office/cubicle, software, parking/drive-on passes).
• Report employee issues to HR. Troubleshoot crew issues & resolve any conflict that arise on the production.
• Manage the creation and maintenance of server structure & folders system for the production.
• Responsible for Shotgun oversight – checks that data and pages are accurate and up to date.
• Directly responsible for problem solving and managing the core Production Management team, including Associate Producer, Production Manager(s), Supervisors, and Assistant Production Managers across the following:
• Storyboarding and Animatic
• Post Production
• Distribute required materials to Legal, Broadcast Standards & Practices for approval. Tracks approvals and alert Producer to any potential issues.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for network executives, client executives, WB executives, overseas studios, in-house staff, post houses, composers and any subcontractors. Responsible for obtaining all necessary approvals.
• Manage the Breakdown Analysis process:
• Oversee the evaluation of scripts and animatics
• Ensure shipped episodes are on target with scope
• Create budgets/schedules for all promos or special projects that may be requested. Assign and track home video cover art budget & completion. Handle all requests from Publicity and marketing for artwork.
• Coordinate travel for producers and talent. Handle expense reports as needed.
• Budget, plan & schedule live action shoots if necessary. Solicit competitive bids and negotiate deals. Book necessary artists, performers, catering, accommodation and equipment for live action shoots. Budget, order and maintain live action costumes. Hire all personnel and obtain all clearances needed from HR and legal and make sure all necessary paperwork is completed/signed off in relation to the live action shoots.
• With WBA casting department, supervise casting process and recording sessions. Ensure recording sessions are run smoothly with all necessary materials available for sessions. If required, book actors for recording sessions and ensure all paperwork is signed for the session.
• Set up and supervise the process for BS&P and legal clearance of all project materials. Coordinate with music legal to ensure all rights are cleared and clear use of any Telepictures music.
• Management of the Subcontractor/Overseas Studios:
• Supervise overseas studios and their timely deliveries. Monitor overseas studio progress and coordinate return dates when changes occur.
• Create wedge and pencil test lists and distribute to overseas studios.
• Main contact between studio and subcontractor. Answering questions and troubleshooting any potential problems.
• Manages post-production processes in order to ensure timely delivery of project. Track delivery requirements and all format sheets. Work closely with editors to ensure animatic and post schedule is maintained. Schedule ADR, edit and spotting sessions as well as mixes and online sessions.
• Supervise inhouse animators/AFX artists/editors on the completion/approval of all retakes and other elements. Compile retake and aftereffects/Quantel lists and send to overseas studios and internal Animators/TD/compositors/Online Editors. Track retakes through final approval/completion. Coordinate with Post Production Manager to ensure all AE/Quantel fixes are completed and approved.
• Ensure the production materials are archived as per WBA procedures. Review and approve cue sheets.
• Create end credits and billing blocks for the project and obtain approval for the credits from all necessary departments.
• Maintain a positive work environment and resolve production problems as they arise. Help find new ways to improve the pipeline & reduce costs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Experience with scheduling and budgeting an animated series and/or feature film
• Excellent understanding of animation pipelines
• 7 years of animation production experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate assignments
• In depth knowledge and experience with Excel
• Shotgun experience a plus
• Must be adaptable and flexible when situations change quickly
• College degree or equivalent
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.