Lead Software Engineer
Warner Bros.Brighton, UK
This was removed by the employer on 11/24/2020 8:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Lead Software Engineer jobs in Brighton-UK
Search all Lead Software Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Lead Software Engineer? WB Games is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our team. As a Lead Engineer, you'll join a team of people who want to build the best. The Lead Software Engineer will manage a team of gameplay and feature programmers, driving excellence in all aspects of game development. Working closely with production, art, and design, they will add to the creative vision of the project as they lead the engineering team. This person must demonstrate leadership capabilities and have strong communication, organization, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
What part will you play?
• Engage in all parts of the development lifecycle from concept through live operations
• Work closely with the Creative & Technical Directors to establish and champion the product vision
• Help architect, write, and review game features and tools
• Actively share knowledge within area of expertise and influence other related disciplines
• Build on the culture of inclusivity and growth through coaching, career management and mentorship of associate, staff, and senior engineers
• Assess new market trends, features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive
• Work closely with production to manage development schedules, bug tracking, studio initiatives, and overall team health and morale
What do we need from you?
• Proven track record as a team lead with experience on at least five successfully-published titles
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
• Expert understanding of two or more general purpose programming languages (C, C , C#, Java, Python, etc.)
• Demonstrable experience in a Leading role
• Proven People Management or Mentorship experience
• Extensive knowledge of network architecture for games, extensive knowledge of online gameplay programming
• Knowledge of the iOS & Android SDKs, performance tools, and optimization techniques
• Knowledge of console and PC development best practices
• Advanced Experience with the Unity or Unreal Game Engines
• Interest and ability to learn other programming languages
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced live operations development environment
• A deep love of video games
WB Games wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.