Lead Mocap Tech
Warner Bros.Salt Lake City, UT
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Utah - Salt Lake City
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Avalanche, a Warner Bros. Games studio, located along the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, has been in the video game business for 22 years. Acquired by Warner Bros. in 2016, we are at the top of our game and in the midst of creating a new, open world, action RPG experience, set in the Wizarding World - Hogwarts Legacy! Come join us in imagining adventures and creating worlds together.
Avalanche, a division of WB Games, Inc., is looking to hire a Lead MoCap Tech to join the Animation team supporting our upcoming game, Hogwarts Legacy, a new, open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World.
The MoCap Lead Tech will oversee the motion capture stage and staff to ensure that the system runs efficiently for shoots.
• Supervise crew on shoot days, including system calibration, marker setup, actor calibration and other on-set duties
• Collaborate effectively with Art Directors, Art Leads, Producers, Cinematic and In-game Animators
• Deliver high quality motion data for internal and external in-game and cinematics teams
• Track and label motion capture data
• Apply motion capture data onto existing character setups
• Solve and retarget data to final CG characters
• Fix problems with solved data and data filtering / cleanup
• Keep up to date on latest capture technology and help guide the future development of tools and processes.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a Previz, video game, motion capture, or feature/commercials team
• On-set motion capture experience required
• Experience with setup and operation of Vicon Motion Capture systems and software
• Experience in Blade and Shogun
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.