Lead Artist, UI
Warner Bros.Chicago, IL
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Lead Artist, UI jobs in Chicago-IL
Search all Lead Artist, UI postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Lead Artist, UI? NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a UI Lead to spearhead the User Experience and User Interface mobile team. The UX/UI Lead is responsible for the growth and well-being of their team. You will be an advocate for them and the user during the game development process. You will be expected to help the team set goals and adjust those expectations when necessary. There will also be an emphasis on working cohesively will the various other disciplines from Game Design and Product Management to Audio and Marketing. Clear communication and strong soft skills are a must. A background in developing processes and setting organizational frameworks is desirable. Experience developing and maintaining Design Systems is also a bonus.
You need to have a developed eye for many aspects of UI visual design; including screen layout, animation, type, illustration, and color. You will be there to guide the designers and give constructive, actionable, feedback.
You will have experience in UX Design and an understanding of UX Research. You will meet frequently to guide UX Designers as they collect information from stakeholders and take that through a full design process. That will encompass user journeys, wireframes, prototypes, usability testing with an external team, and rapid iteration. You should understand how to balance the needs of the user and business; leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to support your decisions.
Experience in Mobile Design and Game Development is a must. You should be familiar with the various mobile design guidelines and latest accessibility guidelines.
It is expected that you will be able to manage multiple live projects and communicate with external development partners.
• Mentoring team members and providing feedback.
• Directing the visual design of the UI.
• Directing the UX design.
• Facilitating communication with the other game team disciplines and leadership.
• Developing and evaluating processes.
• Working with and maintaining relationships with outsourcing teams.
• Bachelor's or Masters Degree in UX Design, UI Design, Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or Information Architecture.
• 5 years of Mobile UI/UX Development
• 3 years in Game Development (Mobile, PC, or console)
• Experience leading a team of three or more direct reports.
• At least one full game development cycle.
• Strong Soft Skills
• Developed Emotional Intelligence
• Strong spoken and written communication ability
• Knowledge of UX design techniques; wireframing, prototyping, research, interaction design, analytics, and UX writing.
• Knowledge of UI design techniques; layout, color, typography, branding, animation, and illustration.
• Proficiency or ability to learn relevant software;, XD, Axure, Photoshop, After Effects, Jira, and Confluence,
The Nice to Haves
• Experience critiquing work and providing actionable feedback.
• Experience evaluating employee performance.
• Experience creating or maintaining a design system is a bonus.
• Experience or past experience with XD, Sketch, Figma, or Invision Studio.
• Experience with motion design or animation a bonus.
• Experience with 3D a bonus.
• Ability to learn Unreal Engine 4.
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.