Advanced Artist, Characters
Warner Bros.Kirkland, WA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Washington - Kirkland
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Monolith Productions, a division of WB games Inc., seeks a Lead Artist, Concept to work directly with the Director of Art, Design Leadership, Concept Artists, and Content Leads to help create and define the overall visual style of studio projects. The Lead Artist, Concept will have outstanding fundamental traditional fine art skills with a deep understanding of modern concept art software/tools. The Lead Artist, Concept is responsible for generating a variety of industry leading AAA character concepts, environment concepts, matte paintings, industrial design imagery, and graphic design/UI imagery to aid in the artistic development of a given project. Additionally, the Lead Artist, Concept will have excellent illustration skills with an ability to create a variety of marketing materials within established studio brands and beyond. Candidate will provide direction, feedback and mentorship where applicable towards increasing quality and efficiency of studio concept art creation. The Lead Artist, Concept will be a student of pop culture trends across the entertainment industry. They will be fluent in a variety of artistic styles with a sharp focus on creating realistic concept art.
• 10 years working as a Concept Artist or Illustrator.
• 3 AAA shipped titles as Lead Concept Artist.
• 1 AAA shipped Current Gen title is a bonus
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
• Exceptional foundation art skills.
• Industry leading understanding of human anatomy with an ability to render realistic female and male concepts.
• Industry leading understanding of animal anatomy with an ability to render realistic animal and creature concepts.
• Industry leading understanding of costume design throughout human history with a focus on the medieval timeframe.
• Industry leading understanding of geography, geology, terrain, flora with an ability to render realistic environment concepts.
• Industry leading understanding of a variety of architectural styles throughout history with an application to architectural studies/concepts.
• Industry leading understanding of color theory, value structure, and lighting fundamentals with an application to both character and environment concept art.
• Industry leading understanding of material definition with an ability to render highly realistic materials as needed.
• Strong understanding of industrial design with an application in describing function and form.
• Strong understanding of modern matte painting techniques
• Strong understanding of modern pop culture trends within the entertainment industry with an ability to successfully apply to concept art and product style.
• Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the game to the next level.
• Able to work well under pressure and deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Diligence with individual and team tasks.
• Solid organization and production skills.
• High capacity to learn new concept art tools and techniques to help increase quality and efficiency of concept art team.
• Must be proficient with 2D applications such as Photoshop, Painter, Illustrator etc.
• Solid understanding of 3D applications such as Zbrush, Maya/Max.
• Solid understanding of motion graphic software such as After Effects and Premier.
• Portfolio/website demonstrating industry leading concept art/illustration skills.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.