Labor Relations Manager
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros., a division of WB Studio Enterprises Inc. seeks an Investigator for the Warner Bros. Labor Relations Department, reporting to the Senior Vice President Labor Relations and Director/Counsel Labor Relations (Investigations). This position will be primarily responsible for conducting investigations and issuing discipline, if needed, as well as coaching and counseling for the signatory production units it supports, including, but not limited to, television, facilities, etc.
• Investigate and resolve employee relations-related complaints of all union-represented employees in the following bargaining units: WGA, DGA, SAG-AFTRA, IATSE, Basic Crafts, AFM, SEIU, UNITE-HERE, SSFA, and OPEIU. Complaint matters include, but are not limited to, harassment & discrimination; insubordination; bullying / hostile work environment; retaliation; drugs & alcohol; conflict of interest; verbal altercations; threats and violence in the workplace; misappropriation of company property / theft.
• In doing so, the candidate must be able to:
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience with the complaint process.
• Assess the interconnection of employment laws that impact an investigation and its outcomes, such as, ADA, EEOC, FLSA, NLRA, etc.
• Recommend and implement the appropriate discipline, up to and including discharge, when appropriate. This may require interaction with a variety of other Warner Bros. divisions, including Corporate Legal, Security, Leave of Absence, and facility and production executives.
• Manages and coordinates professional matters with Labor Relations professional staff. Ensures effective workflow within the organization. Must understand, interpret, and communicate priorities in a diplomatic manner.
• College Degree in related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working in employee relations, human resources, legal, environment required.
• Previous experience working in a production and/or union environment is beneficial
• Must have computer skills in Word and Outlook; and Excel is preferred
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
• Proficiency in Word and Outlook required.
• Knowledge of employment law is required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have the ability to independently organize, prioritize, and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to be discreet and to keep information strictly confidential.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.