Investigator, Employee Relations
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Investigator, Employee Relations jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Investigator, Employee Relations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Investigator, Employee Relations? WarnerMedia seeks an Investigator, Employee Relations for the HR Employee Relations department. The WarnerMedia Employee Investigations team is a Center of Expertise whose function it is to conduct objective, balanced, and thorough investigations into EEO claims and other serious policy violations in the workplace. The Employee Investigations team operates with the highest level of integrity and business ethics leveraging insights to influence all levels of the organization. The team acts with warmth, empathy, compassion, and creativity to drive effectiveness through the investigative process.
The investigator role investigates and resolves employment-related claims in compliance with federal and state laws and Company policy and initiatives; increases employee confidence by ensuring consistency and fairness in the interpretation and application of Company policy; by providing technical expertise to client groups, and maintaining a collaborative and productive relationship with HR Field Offices and other WB Business Units (Employment Law Group, Studio Protection Group, Labor Relations, Workers' Compensation, etc.).
• At the direction of Employment Counsel, leads or co-leads EEO investigations into complaints of potential unlawful behavior, such as harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
• At the request of the Compliance Officer, assists with / or conducts investigations into complaints of potential violations of the Company's Standards of Business Conduct-such as conflict of interest, unethical business practices, improprieties, etc.
• In connection with the internal investigation process, conducts the following in-depth meetings:
• Claimant intakes
• Witness interviews
• Response meetings with alleged wrong-doers
• Conclusion meetings with the claimant, respondent, and other relevant parties.
• Gathers, interprets, and analyzes data related but not limited to expense reports, time and attendance records, purchase orders, and other company financial / legal records.
• Reviews emails and other pertinent documents submitted into evidence over the course of the investigation.
• Composes correspondence and other highly confidential documents such as investigation recaps, corroboration charts, action plans, conclusion talking points, executive scripts, etc.
• Present oral and/or written comprehensive updates regarding findings and investigation status to HR Generalists, Employment Legal, and other Studio Partners (i.e, Labor Relations, Studio Protection Group, etc.)
• At request of HR Business Partner, present investigation findings to Business Unit Executives
• Based on findings make recommendations with regard to disciplinary measures and development opportunities.
• At the request of HR Business Partner, composes written counselings, talking points, and termination notices.
• Conducts climate surveys for departments experiencing low morale and/or undefined issues. Climate surveys include staff interviews and data analysis.
• At the direction of the Employment Law Group, cooperate with outside counsel with regard to lawsuits.
• Responsible for file maintenance in adherence with the company's Document Retention process
• May be required to participate in depositions, court trials, and government agency hearings.
• Five to seven years of progressive Human Resources experience preferably including hands-on EEO Investigations experience and /or a minimum of five years of full-time investigations experience in areas other than Human Resources.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Must be able to demonstrate operative knowledge of Human Resources policies, practices, and procedures
• Must have operative knowledge of federal/local laws governing employment issues
• Must handle investigations with complete objectivity and consistency
• Must be able to handle multiple investigations and projects simultaneously
• Must have excellent follow-through and a strong sense of urgency
• Must be able to research and analyze data and findings
• Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel including attorneys and business unit executives
• Must be able to be tactful yet assertive when addressing employment issues and concerns
• Must be able to utilize diplomacy, assertiveness, and adaptability attributes in dealing with senior executives throughout the organization
• Must be able to handle difficult/highly emotional personalities
• Must be able to exercise keen judgment when analyzing and resolving employment issues
• Must be able to uphold the highest level of confidentiality
• Must have computer knowledge with proficiency in Excel This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.