Intern - Technical Game Designer
Warner Bros.Needham, MA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
WB Games Boston is looking for a Technical Game Designer Intern to join their Game of Thrones: Conquest mobile game team.
The Technical Game Designer Intern will work in Unity and C# to construct tools and features which aid the design team in implementing and iterating the game data for systems, events and the in-game economy. The ideal candidate can think technically and has experience coding. Game design is also an integral function of the role.
YOU MUST LOVE VIDEO GAMES TO APPLY.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered, tell us why you'd make a great candidate for the role!
• Implement, iterate, and refine designer focused tools with the goals of improving workflow, efficiency, and data integrity
• Participate in a highly collaborative environment where everyone is encouraged to bring ideas, questions, and new approaches to the table
• Engage with and support the designers through frequent communication on how the tools work and how they can be improved
• Learn about how the game works, and how the people who make it think
• Manage bug queue and meet deadlines
• A love of games - playing them, thinking about them, making them
• A growth focused mindset with the desire to learn and improve
• A positive attitude who views problems as opportunities
• An enthusiasm for collaboration
• Familiarity with C# and Unity, either from formal education or personal experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Creative thinker with fresh ideas.
• Detail oriented and results focused.