Intern - Sr Specialist, Integrated Communications Returnship
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Sr. Specialist, Integrated Communications - Returnship (REMOTE)
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is a leading worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all platforms, including console, handheld, mobile and PC-based gaming for both internal and third-party game titles. WB Games studios include Avalanche, Monolith Productions, NetherRealm Studios, Playdemic, Rocksteady Studios, TT Games, WB Games Boston, WB Games Montreal, WB Games New York, and WB Games San Francisco.
The Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Specialist, Integrated Communications – Returnship for the Marketing department.
This position will serve a key role in executing press and influencer campaigns for all assigned titles and will work closely across all functions within WB Games, including International integrated communications, brand marketing, production, development, channel, social/community and customer support to execute global PR plans. Responsibilities include drafting press materials, preparing communications plans, managing assets, staffing events, developing/executing influencer kits and compiling press and influencer coverage/analysis. The role also requires working with external agencies, licensees, publishing partners, and divisional PR contacts within WarnerMedia to coordinate the execution of activities.
• Execute strategic tactics as outlined in the press and influencer/content creator plans
• Develop and manage distribution of external communication, including press releases, fact sheets, EPKs and other press materials
• Align activities and maximize opportunities across WB Games, as well as the rest of WarnerMedia.
• Manage external agencies for press and influencer activities
• Book and staff press tours and influencer events, develop and send influencer kits, and work with various groups to align activities/messaging across all external facing channels
• Compile, analyze and distribute coverage reports for WBG titles
• Oversee press and influencer press lists
• Track budgets
• Manage licensee press releases as necessary
• Special projects as assigned
• Four-year college degree required
• 5 years experience in PR and Integrated Communications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating with a variety of audiences, including press and partners, as well as internal and external clients
• Understanding of the media and social networking landscapes
• Knowledge of the videogame industry
• Ability to evaluate best practices on an ongoing basis
• Strategic foresight to successfully manage and execute a multitude of global PR campaigns
• Press and influencer relations
Nice to Haves
• PR or journalism background preferred
• Game industry background preferred
• Prior position in video game/entertainment PR preferred
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.