Intern - Game Server Software Engineer
Warner Bros.Needham, MA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
WB Games Boston seeks an Engineering Intern, a talented and hard-working individual who is self-motivated, process-driven, customer-oriented, and who has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies. The position is a member of the Game Server team and will work on the backend for Game of Thrones: Conquest and upcoming mobile titles. This is a spring 2020 co-op intern opening, we are not hiring for engineering summer interns at this time.
Game Server is an engineering team that is responsible for developing and supporting game specific backend features for our mobile gaming platform. Our platform includes game client and server technologies, analytics, performance and development tools.
What part will you play?
• Develop, maintain, and improve backend game features to support online mobile games.
• Support game client teams and help them integrate with the backend.
• Self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives.
• Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally.
What do we require from you?
• Coursework in Computer Science, Engineering, or a reasonable equivalent thereof.
• Experience in Go, C#/.NET, Java or Python.
• Comfortable in a Linux CLI environment.
• Bonus Skills:
• Experience with Docker or other containerization technology.
• Experience with SQL or noSQL stores (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc.).
• Experience creating web services with any tech.
• Knowledge of cloud services such as AWS or Google Compute Engine.
• Innate desire to automate all repetitive processes.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.