Intern - Designer Returnship
Warner Bros.Kirkland, WA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Location: United States - Washington - Kirkland
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That's where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
The Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Designer to be responsible for significant contributions to game design, with particular focus on the design, implementation, and creation of Missions and Gameplay experiences. You will work with the Design leadership to rapidly produce prototypes and final designs though the use of proprietary and 3rd party tools. Designers are responsible for collaborating with the rest of the design team, artists, and engineers to ensure their missions are fun, interesting, and performant. The Designer also works with the QA and Playtest groups throughout development to address critical feedback and make sure their levels play and perform as intended.
• Work across disciplines to concept and implement compelling Missions and Gameplay experiences using proprietary WB tools and industry standard software.
• Help create and maintain living design documentation that keeps pace with the project's progress and accurately conveys all necessary information to Design, Art, and Programming.
• Work closely with QA and Consumer playtest groups to identify and resolve level design / gameplay issues.
• Deconstruct competitive product and summarize to design group.
• A background in technical/creative software with at least 3 years experience
• We seek individuals with a diverse educational background who are excited to add their unique perspective to our team
• Passionate about game design
• Self-motivated with strong attention to detail, always striving to bring their best effort and improve daily
• A strong verbal and written communicator
• Positive, enthusiastic and a strong team player able to work well cross-functionally to achieve shared goals
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.