Intern - Core Server Software Engineer
Warner Bros.Needham, MA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
WB Games Boston seeks an Engineering Intern, a talented and hard-working individual who is self-motivated, process-driven, customer-oriented, and who has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies. The position is a member of the Core Server team and will work on the backend for Game of Thrones: Conquest and upcoming mobile titles. This is a spring 2020 co-op intern opening; we are not hiring for engineering summer interns at this time.
The Core Server team is a centralized engineering team that is responsible for developing and supporting our proprietary mobile gaming platform. Our platform includes game client and server technologies, infrastructure, analytics, performance and development tools.
What part will you play?
• Develop, maintain, and improve backend infrastructure to support online mobile games.
• Support game teams and help them integrate with the backend.
• Scale testing and performance tuning of the entire stack.
• Improve configuration management and deployment processes.
• Self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives.
• Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally.
What do we require from you?
• Coursework in Computer Science, Engineering, or a reasonable equivalent thereof.
• Experience in Go, C#/.NET, Java or Python.
• Comfortable in a Linux CLI environment.
• Bonus Skills:
• Experience with Docker or other containerization technology.
• Experience with SQL or noSQL stores (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB etc).
• Experience creating web services with any tech.
• Knowledge of cloud services such as AWS or Google Compute Engine.
• Innate desire to automate all repetitive processes.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.