Intern - Core Server Engineering
Warner Bros.Needham, MA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
WB Games Boston seeks an Engineering Intern, a talented and hard-working individual who is self-motivated, process-driven, customer-oriented, and who has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies. The position is a member of the Core Server team and will work on the backend for Game of Thrones: Conquest and upcoming mobile titles.
This is a co-op intern opening, we are not hiring for summer interns at this time.
The Core Server team is a centralized engineering team that is responsible for developing and supporting our proprietary mobile gaming platform. Our platform includes game client and server technologies, infrastructure, analytics, performance and development tools.
• Develop, maintain, and improve backend infrastructure to support online mobile games
• Support game teams and help them integrate with the backend.
• Scale testing and performance tuning of the entire stack
• Improve configuration management and deployment processes
• Self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives.
• Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
• Coursework in Computer Science, Engineering, or a reasonable equivalent thereof.
• Experience in Go, C#/.NET, Java or Python
• Comfortable in a Linux CLI environment
The Nice to Haves
• Experience with Docker or other containerization technology
• Experience with SQL or noSQL stores (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB etc)
• Experience creating web services with any tech
• Knowledge of cloud services such as AWS or Google Compute Engine
• Innate desire to automate all repetitive processes