Head Of Finance & Operations, Global Brands and Experiences
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio's powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Harry Potter.
The division's successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products seeks a Head of Finance & Operations, Global Brands and Experiences (WBGBE). The role will have oversight of the Global Brands & Experiences organization which includes Consumer Products, DC, Franchise Development, Digital Strategy, and PR & Comms. The Head of Finance & Operations will oversee all aspects of finance and business operations and all frontline reporting responsibilities to the larger WarnerMedia finance organization. This individual will be looked to as a key contributor to the healthy growth and strategic development of the organization. In order to be successful in this role, this person must have strong leadership skills and a disciplined approach to the business.
• Manages global operational excellence program to drive process efficiencies related to resources, structure, communication workflow and deliverables providing continual communication to key stakeholders with global and local priorities in mind.
• Leader of technology upgrade program to modernize business systems.
• Financial advisor and business partner for GBE president and their senior management team.
• Leads business transformation, culture shift and change management programs to support the ongoing evolution, growth and development of the business.
• Oversees the WBGBE Finance team to provide financial expertise to optimize business unit performance based on relevant metrics.
• Develops a company-wide approach to developing and measuring business results that establishes key performance metrics against market benchmarks and helps motivate cross-functional teams to achieve strategic priorities.
• Leads global strategic planning process to establish and execute on divisional priorities and metrics while providing critical input and analysis of new and existing business initiatives that include Direct-To-Consumer business models for fan engagement and Ecom.
• Provides input into brand specific marketing and go-to-market plans utilized to establish global business goals, that together with industry & competitive benchmarks, establishes the foundation for the divisional strategy informed Long Range financial plans.
• Supports businesses to operationalize strategies by managing milestone plans and leading the review and business case development for proposed business initiatives-validating size of opportunity and strategic fit, vetting of financial projects, business models and resource plans.
• Evaluates current business activities such as distribution partners, licensee and gap analysis, consumer and market trends by territory, established business models and deal structure analysis.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 15 years' experience in business planning and strategy, preferably in consumer products and retail.
• Experience managing digital businesses with a lens on retail and fan engagement ecosystems.
• Experience managing across territories and/or regions.
• Previous experience managing remote business and teams in multiple countries strongly preferred.Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• B.S. or B.A. in Finance, Business Operations, Economics or related field required.
• Post graduate degree preferred.Knowledge/Skills
• Extensive knowledge of financial analysis techniques and their proper business applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to effectively communicate financial and business issues with finance and non-finance colleagues alike.
• Effective managerial skills required for direct reports, remote staff, and a matrixed organization structure. Leads by example and must be able to motivate/activate/build a team and be collaborative across functions and across WarnerMedia.
• Diplomacy and tact, balanced with a commitment ''to get the job done''
• Should have knowledge of category management, retail and franchise marketing as well as the licensing industry
• Must have effective and proven communication and negotiation skills
• Remote leadership experience preferred
• Occasional travel will be needed
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.