Head Of Feature Film Finance
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/22/2021 12:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Head Of Feature Film Finance jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Head Of Feature Film Finance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Head Of Feature Film Finance?
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. Pictures, a division of WarnerMedia Studios & Networks, seeks a Head of Feature Film Finance. Reporting to the CFO of Studios & Networks, the Head of Feature Film Finance, will oversee all aspects of finance-related matters and business affairs support for feature films. This individual will interface with senior management on business developments and provide effective and timely feedback on financial performance and key decisions. This executive will be a key advisor and business partner to the Film Group COO and head of business affairs.
• Lead the creation of economic analysis of film-related transactions for both Warner and New Line
• Lead the development of film financial models related to greenlight P&L's, talent backends, co-financings, distribution deals, tax deals, buyouts, acquisitions, etc.
• Participate in negotiations, drafting of documents, and administration for all manner of film-related arrangements
• Prepare summaries of overall slate profitability and assessments of feature film strategic initiatives – e.g., HBO Max Originals, D&D release, the evolution of release windowing, participations and residuals, co-financing, slate composition, etc.
• Work closely with FP&A department to ensure that company financials reflect the various film-related arrangements – e.g., projections of calendar operating income and cash flow, the impact of alternative scenarios, etc.
• Issue ultimates reports for licensees and co-financing partners, tax shelter reporting, and buyouts
• Maintain various databases and archival data – e.g., ultimates and greenlight estimates databases, master title list databases, etc.
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations on film-related topics
• This executive will have broad responsibility for ensuring smooth and efficient financial operations.
• Monitor financial performance against budgets and forecasts and keep senior management apprised of progress, deviations, opportunities, and risks.
• Manage the preparation of long-term financial plans, budgets, and monthly forecasts.
• Lead accounting for feature film production costs, development and overhead deals, music, and soundtrack publishing
• Lead accounting for the theatrical release and distribution of the Warner English and local language film slates, managing the financial process of marketing spending, etc. – e.g., issuing PO's for media spots, auditing ad placements
• Coordinate financial activities with various other WB's finance and other shared service groups.
• Maintain and enhance strong internal controls.
• Recruit, retain, and develop talent capable of becoming world-class financial leaders.
• 15 years of progressive experience in financial management and demonstrated experience in a large dynamic, fast-paced corporate environment.
• Experience in the global media/entertainment industry, including experience in feature film business affairs and with theatrical/film operations.
• Highly level of proficiency in Excel modelling.
• Strong current knowledge of US GAAP.
• Communicate effectively in real-time and operate collaboratively with other senior leaders.
• Lead effectively with minimal guidance with trust, integrity, and respect.
• Excellent ability to manage multiple projects and hit aggressive deadlines.
• A bachelors' degree in Finance or Accounting.
• MBA and/or CPA a plus.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.