General Manager, Studio Tour
Warner Bros.Tokyo, TY
Full Time Job
Responsible for the delivery of optimized profitability and visitor satisfaction through strategic planning and development of the Warner Bros. Studio Tour Tokyo. This will be achieved through effective management of operations and staffing, including development, implementation and maintenance of effective operating policies, procedures and standards for tour attractions, reservations and ticketing, marketing and sales, merchandising, food and beverage, parking, and security. Sets strategic direction and guides the development and execution of marketing plans. Plans and develops annual operating and capital budgets.
Essential job functions
• Lead a team of specialist contractors and in-house expertise to devise an opening launch strategy through to soft opening and full opening.
• Provide leadership and direction on the marketing, sales and advertising strategy, working through the VP, Tour Development, and a Marketing Manager and other key management to achieve a balanced optimization of visitor attendance and revenue.
• Recruit, Co-work to maintain and manage a team of leading visitor attraction personnel to deliver the highest quality visitor services.
• Devise and present annual operating budgets to senior management for approval, covering income, costs of sales, overhead expenditure and capital investment.
• Oversee all budgetary expenditure and income through department heads, fully utilizing the full support of Warner Bros Studios Leavesden finance department, as well as Warner Bros. Japan LLC.
• Ensure the protection and maintenance of all Company assets.
• Drive operational effectiveness to deliver maximum profitability.
• Utilizing the full support of Warner Bros Studios Leavesden HR department, as well as Warner Bros. Japan LLC HR to ensure full legal compliance with all Japan employment laws and ''best practice'' in all aspects of employee welfare and management.
• Promote and maintain a positive, dynamic and creative working environment enabling all employees to realize their optimum potential and contribute fully to the visitor experience and to the profitability of the Studio Exhibition Tour.
• Ensure the development, modification and updating as needed of effective standards and procedures for all HPSETT operations and ensure adherence.
• Ensure all administrative work and corporate reporting is accurate and up to date.
• Provide cultural leadership and a figure head role model for quality and excellence to ensure the attraction achieves the aim of delighting visitors.
• Ensure All International standards of customer care and service are communicated to all employees. Lead all Department heads to maintain such standards throughout the attraction.
• Develop cooperative working relationships throughout Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden and Burbank as well as Japan Management Team of Warner Bros Japan LLC.
• Keep abreast of developments in the industry, both internal and external, such as changes in legislation.
• Keep abreast of latest trends and technologies and explore applications that are a fit for the enterprise. Explore new and innovative ways of reducing operational costs and increasing incremental revenues.
• Lead new initiatives for ongoing product development to match market expectations and demands.
• Establish and maintain networks and contacts with major tourism and attractions bodies including but not limited to: Inbound tour operators, Coach operators, Industry & Professional bodies, Industry media.
• Plan and implement strategies to achieve constant improvements in employee and visitor satisfaction.
• Oversee the effective application of health and safety regulations and risk assessments to ensure a safe environment. Promote a healthy, safe and hazard-free working environment for visitors and employees.
• Participate in Duty Management Cover of the Studio Exhibition Tour including weekend, bank holiday, school holiday and late evening cover in rotation with other senior management.
• Take leadership role in industry initiatives.
• Ensure a positive image within the local community, local government and neighbors.
• BA/BS in management or closely related field. MBA is a plus.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications in both Japanese & English, leadership, team building, motivational, and conflict resolution.
• Subject matter expert with demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of visitor attractions management, operations, regulations, etc.
• Broad comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of retail management for merchandising and food and beverage operations.
• Broad knowledge of challenges encountered in project start-up environments.
• Able to demonstrate excellent negotiating skills.
• Strong analytical skills. Proven track record for analyzing the marketplace, establishing revenue targets, and meeting and exceeding targets; as well as accurately assessing opportunities and marketplace threats and developing action plans to combat threats.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams.
• High quality customer service skills.
• Proven track record of developing appropriate partner relationships with internal and external customers.
• Ability to pay close attention to details.
• Ability to work well under time constraints.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, including working with others in various time zones.
• Extensive management experience within visitor attractions, including retail service merchandising and food and beverage operations.
• Experience in project start-up environments highly desired.
• Demonstrated high level of personal performance and accomplishment.