Warner Bros.Montreal, QC
Full Time Job
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Gameplay Animator to work closely with the Animation Director and lead animators to maintain and create high quality animations for real time in game movements.
• Responsible for animating 3D character models in a DC universe game, including working with motion capture data, hand key frame animations.
• Strong animation foundations for body mechanics, posing and timing.
• Work with engineers and designers to prototype new game features.
• Participate in departmental meetings to share personal ideas and define the look and feel of areas and characters.
• Assist in R&D efforts for tools enhancements and prototyping of new technology.
• Animation bug fixing.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
Work Experience Requirements
• A portfolio/ demo reel demonstrating proficiency in Animation is required.
• A degree with an emphasis on character key frame animation or equivalent work experience.
• 5 years game industry experience.
• Must have shipped at least one game
• Ability to bring high level of artistic/animation accomplishment to the solution of artistic problems.
• Proven key framing knowledge and skill set.
• Worked with Motion Capture Data.
• Ability to determine the best method of completing tasks that fall within the scope of normal responsibilities.
• Development experience with a proven track record of contributions.
• Competency in content creation for Animation.
• Initiative in pursuing new assignments.
• Ability to give and take direction well.
• Ability to learn new tools quickly.
• Must be a team player.
• Strong interest in computer games.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• 2D/3D art degree, architecture degree or equivalent, with excellent critique and vocabulary skills. BFA or equivalent preferred.
• Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Must be familiar with one or more types of 3D software (Maya, 3D Studio Max, Softimage, etc.).
• Strong understanding of the game development process.
• Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines.
• Strong understanding of MEL/Python/Maxscript.or similar systems required.
• Experience with outsourced content and proven ability to work with outsourcing and external development teams.
• A Strong understanding of modern 3D engines and the technology behind them. Familiarity with UE3 is a plus.
• Solid experience and understanding of art/animation pipelines on PC, Xbox 360 and/or PS3.
• Up-to-date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes.
• Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
• Diligence with individual and team tasks, schedule and adherence to budget limitations.
• Strong interest in computers or video games.
• Strong technical problem solving skills and strong troubleshooting skills.
• Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
• Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios' biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .