Game Systems Designer
Warner Bros.Carlsbad, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Game Systems Designer jobs in Carlsbad-CA
Search all Game Systems Designer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Game Systems Designer? WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games San Diego is looking for a Game Systems Designer to design and tune game systems and economies for a new AAA, free-to-play, cross-platform game.
What part will you play?
• Work with the design team and creative leaders to develop new game systems and mechanics
• Create design documents and specifications outlining game systems and requirements to the dev team
• Generate multiple potential design solutions and communicate tradeoffs between them
• Balance game systems and mechanics for a multiplatform free-to-play game
• Design, tune and maintain the economy for a new free-to-play game from development to live ops
• Work closely with engineering and art to develop and deliver against the design vision
• Collaborate with product managers and consumer insights to test and validate design assumptions
• Assess new market trends, features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive
What do we require?
• 3 years experience designing game systems for new or live free-to-play games
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent practical experience
• Experience working on a live free-to-play game; designing and balancing content, systems, economies and gameplay loops for both engagement and monetization
• Comprehensive knowledge of the free-to-play market on all platforms
• Masterful use of spreadsheets (Excel, Numbers or Google Sheets)
• Expertise in generating high and low-level documentation (PowerPoint, Google Slides, Google Docs, Word)
• Effective use of visual communication tools in communicating designs (Visio, Lucidchart, Visio, etc)
• Active free-to-play game player who can translate experiences and observations into product insights and learnings
• Strong written and verbal communication to allowing you to work effectively within your team, across disciplines and with key stakeholders
• Excellent critical, analytical and feedback skills
• Experience in scripting and Unreal Engine a plus
• A deep love of video games This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.