Finance Manager - Compliance and Reporting
Warner Bros.London, UK
Full Time Job
Location: United Kingdom - London
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. is a global leader in the creation, production, distribution, licensing and marketing of all forms of entertainment across all current and emerging media and platforms. A WarnerMedia company, the Studio is home to one of the most successful collections of brands in the world and stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry, from feature film, television and home entertainment production and worldwide distribution to DVD and Blu-ray, digital distribution, animation, comic books, videogames, product and brand licensing, and broadcasting.
• Ownership of all statutory reporting for specific business units within the UK (Film and Television Distribution, Consumer Products, Supply Chain, WWD & Film Production)
• Management of the timely preparation of tax packs and statutory accounts
• Management of the external audit process
• Management of direct and indirect tax compliance and reporting
• Oversight of participation accounting
• Banking and treasury reporting and administration
• Management of the statutory audit process, including planning, fieldwork and finalisation, through liaison with EY, business unit finance teams, tax team at WarnerMedia and senior management.
• Review of draft extended trial balances, tax packs, statutory accounts and all related documentation.
• Liaison with finance teams in business units and tax team at WarnerMedia on all aspects of tax reporting, including preparation of quarterly tax forecasts and information required for annual corporation tax returns.
• Responsibility for management and review of accurate VAT, Intrastat and ECSL returns and timely payment of VAT liabilities.
• Compliance, management and review of PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA) requirements.
• Compliance, management and review of Short-Term Business Visitor (STBV) requirements.
• Management of Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) reporting requirements.
• Review and liaison with finance teams in business units and shared delivery centre in Amsterdam on participation accounting.
• Ownership of technical accounting over acquisitions, disposals, and any other structural changes within the business.
• Review and settlement of intercompany balances.
• Review of cash forecast (TBT) submissions.
• Liaison with shared delivery centres in Amsterdam and India with regard to balance sheet management, SAP journal postings and reporting deliverables.
• Co-ordination with MIS function on all new reporting requirements.
• Review of dividend proposals for each entity as applicable.
• Assistance with a legal entity rationalisation project.
• Management and development of three direct reports.
• Subject matter expert within Corporate Finance department on statutory and tax reporting processes, issues and technical updates.
• 4 years or more PQE ACCA / ACA qualified
• Ideally, big 4 audit firm qualified
• Previous experience of preparing UK GAAP Statutory Accounts and liaising with external auditors
• Financial or Management Accounting experience, some of which will have been in a US GAAP reporting environment, ideally with exposure to international operations.
• Previous experience of managing a team
• Detailed knowledge of MS-Office, in particular Excel to intermediate level and a proven ability to learn other PC application software.
• Proven ability to work independently and support other team members as appropriate.
• Ability to communicate complex financial information to relevant internal and external parties.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence both financial and non-financial people.
• Proactive in seeking improvements to current accounting and participations procedures.
• Proven track record in working to deadlines and under time pressure
The Nice to Haves
• Media, gaming or film production accounting and VAT reporting experience would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of SAP a distinct advantage.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands