Director, Strategy, Business & Financial Planning
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc. seeks a Director, Strategy, Business & Financial Planning for the DCPUS Finance department. WBCP Finance seeks a Director, Strategy and Business planning that serves as a trusted business partner for the North America and Latin America executive leadership team. This role actively participates in the financial and strategic planning processes to drive growth, while supporting the long-term Global vision for Consumer Products.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio's powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera.
The division's successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
• Provides support in analyzing and evaluating new business opportunities within the region both from a category, territory and franchise perspective. Creates executive presentations to review opportunities with senior leadership including President, EVP and WarnerMedia Executive Team.
• Collaborates with other functional areas to ensure all perspectives are considered (legal, corporate strategy and business development, Corporate finance).
• Prepares financial/business insights and long-range projections to support strategic plan.
• Plays a key role in licensee deal renewals and new contractual arrangements with licensees, agents and retailers.
• Keeps pace with geopolitical, economic, and industry trends impacting the regions.
• Works directly with commercial teams to develop financial estimates and all associated financial analysis for the annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
• Takes lead on coordinating quarterly business reviews with President/EVP, a key business process that provides insights on the health of the business and provides guidance necessary for the leaders to make business decisions and effectively run their business.
• Provides business leaders with financial data and insights on quarterly financial results, including comparison to latest forecasts and highlighting areas of risks/upside. Works closely with other functional areas to (e.g. Global Operations COE, Global Business Services, Legal) to streamline processes and troubleshoot issues impacting financial reporting and planning.
• Manages quarterly revenue accrual, ensuring accuracy of estimates and supporting efficient processes.
• Leverages retail, industry, and other data to create new insights and validate financial plans.
• Participates in Technology Upgrade Program which is focused on evolving the organization's capabilities around data analytics and enhancing our FP&A processes.
• 10 years previous work experience in a sales planning, business development, or financial planning and analysis role
• Previous experience in an e-commerce, social commerce or digital environment a plus. International experience a plus
• Bachelor's in Finance, Economics or a related field required. MBA strongly preferred.
• Advanced Excel required (pivot tables, macros, formulas), with proficiency with other MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Access). Tableau experience required.
• Must have strong communication and presentation skills, including previous experience in preparing executive level presentations.
• Must have experience motivating, developing and activating a team.
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity that sparks communication, collaboration, and innovation. Must have a willingness to look beyond surface requirements.
• Must have the ability to adapt and be agile amongst a changing environment. Be able to translate complex problems into solutions.
• Must have excellent analytic skills.
• Must be willing to collaborate with management and peers to advance team and company goals.
• Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints
• Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Must be willing to expand knowledge relating to industry trends.