Director, Production Technology Operations
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/27/2021 8:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Production Technology Operations jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Production Technology Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Production Technology Operations?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
WarnerMedia seeks a Director, Production Technology Operations for the Production Technology- EPTDS department.
• Oversee implementation of production technologies that enable secure and scalable media production workflows helping to achieve filmmaker requirements. Also includes rethinking and rearchitecting production pipelines to function in a cloud based and geographically distributed ecosystem.
• Oversee technology initiatives (including managing production analyst and program manager), providing both functional and technical guidance, reviewing and approving overtime work as appropriate, reviewing new technologies proposed by technology team and business units, making sure security policies & best practices are followed, and ensuring team is operating in a highly efficient and balanced manner. Collaborate with production crew, production & technicaly vendors, WB Technology, WB production BUs, and Warner Media information security and content protection groups to expedite compliant technical solutions.
• Design content workflows and production technology architecture (including reviewing proposed structures by other engineers, vendors, and filmmakers) for all feature and episodic production projects. Production technologies include but not limited to cloud & locally hosted applications, media storage, content rendering, cloud hosted infrastructure, content networks, editorial and playback systems, identity & access management, system integration, media file transfer, transcoding, i/o and end user workstations for the full physical production lifecycle including R&D, pre-production principle photography, post production and delivery to archives.
• Serve as a point of escalation in support of complex production technology issues raised by production technology team, business clients, and partners.
• Participate in research & development of new technologies, workflows & processes in order to enhance the creative options available to filmmakers, reduce overall production costs, and increase operational agility while reducing complexity.
• Manage budget and forecasts for production technology projects
• Create and maintain executive presentations, status reports, and dashboards for production technology initiatives
• Extensive experience & industry leading expertise in studio business and production processes
• In-depth understanding of feature and episodic workflows from script to camera to archive
• In-depth understanding of common production application architectures, media storage, technical infrastructure, identity & access management, and cloud architecture & solutions
• Ability to quickly assimilate new business & technology concepts
• Versed at analyzing data, developing insights, and presenting key take-aways & strategic pitches to senior management
• Able to establish and maintain good relationships with colleagues, external partners, and internal clients
• Ability to translate and tailor enterprise initiatives & policies to what is appropriate for the production environment
• Bridges the gap between corporate and production groups keeping both satisfied and in sync
• Always remains composed under pressure
• Researches and recommends opportunities to deploy innovative best practices
• Negotiating vendor contracts around new technologies
• Facilitation of discussions with groups of 1-20 including senior management levels
• Excellent grasp of business and technology best-practices - including software delivery lifecycle, change management, information security, and content protection
• General understanding of the functionality & capabilities of common media production applications (e.g., PIX, Shotgun, SyncOnSet, Scenechronize, Box, Aspera, Filemaker Pro)
• Agile methodologies for software development, deployment of new technical architure, and resolution of production technology issues
• Development of accurate and detailed project and budget plans
• Creation of status report materials including executive summaries and dashboard views
• Ability to work successfully across organizational lines and influence outcomes
• Proficiency with productivity and work management applications including MS Project, Smartsheet, Lucidchart, MS Excel, and MS Word
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel within and external to the organization, both in person and remotely
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and verbal instructions
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to multi-task and manage changing priorities, in a fast-paced environment
• Must be service-oriented
• High-degree of independence and self-motivation, enthusiasm for challenging work
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including outside core business hours on weekdays and weekends, when necessary
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Must have a valid passport as travel outside the state or country may be necessary
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.