Director, Production Planning
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.' slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories.
WarnerBros seeks a Director, Production Planning for the Production Planning department.
Responsible for ma naging the process for Television Productions to access the numerous divergent Worldwide Tax Incentives offered by domestic and foreign territories, states , provinces and federal governmen ts.
• Works directly with Physical Production and Finance Executives, Production Accountants and Producers throughout the production process to maintain the integrity of film incentives
• Provides film incentive research and analysis to various business units throughout the studio
• Researches and develops a deep understanding of all domestic and international production incentives
• Builds and maintains relationships with various Film Offices, Department of Revenues and Departments of Economic Development
• Responsible for preparing, analyzing and reviewing preliminary and final incentive calculations
• Reviews detailed production costs for coding accuracy
• Responsible for preliminary and final incentive applications
• Oversees film incentive audits and agreed upon procedures through completion
• Responsible for accurately projecting film incentive cash receipts for cashflow purposes
• Works directly with domestic and international service providers to ensure tax credit are maximized
• Maintains and updates internal incentive tracking software; coordinates with Finance, Tax and Legal
• Ensures all WB internal and divisional policies are implemented and maintained
• Provides film incentive analysis as requested
• Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned
• Degree i n Accountin g/Finance a plus.
• College coursework in Accounting required.
• Proficiency with Movie Magic , PSL, VISTA, Windows, Word and Excel required.
• Must have a minimum 5 years of experience working in the filmed entertainment industry
• Must have experience working with production incentives
• Must have a n in-depth knowledge of the production and post-production process
• Prior estimating and production accounting experience a plus
• Public accounting experience a plus
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers and all levels of personnel
• Ability to work effectively on individual projects and as part of a team
• Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
• Ability to set, prioritize and achieve goals, while managing multiple projects and deliverables
• Must be adaptable to changing priorities
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.