Director, Product - Dc Mobile Core Game
Warner Bros.San Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - San Francisco
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
NetherRealm: The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room! Monolith: For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet. That's where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title! Turbine: Founded in 1994, Turbine, Inc., a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio, is focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its mobile titles, which include Batman™: Arkham Underworld and the upcoming Game of Thrones® mobile game. Avalanche: Avalanche Software was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment from Disney in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE is a companion video game to the upcoming Cars 3, in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. WB Games SF: Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher across multiple platforms. In mobile games, we have a growing portfolio of hits that includes DC Legends, Mortal Kombat X, and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry, such as DC Comics, Harry Potter, and LEGO. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Mobile Publishing team. WB Games New York: WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
WB Games San Francisco united DC's greatest superheroes with ''DC Legends'' and brought the Wizarding World to life with ''Harry Potter: Wizards Unite''. Now WBGSF is seeking a Director of Product to join our team in the development of the next generation of WB mobile games.
The ideal candidate for this role has worked closely with internal teams; and is excited by the prospect of collaborating with PMs, Designers, Engineers and Producers to create quality, performant mobile games that will engage our legions of fans for years to come.
They have worked extensively in the free-to-play games space from concept to live operations, and has led forecasting, P&L development, and P&L management.
A passion for creating quality mobile games that deliver on our fan's expectations – a must!
• Engage and inspire -- be an integral part of the game's leadership. Lead the creation of innovative features and gameplay that players love while driving strong business results.
• Be an advocate and voice for your title - as DOP you'll be expected to present the business plan, monetization plan, metrics and executional strategy at the highest levels of WB and to the IP/Franchise owners where appropriate.
• In cooperation with the game's Executive Producer, responsible for delivering and operating profitable gaming service business through an internal development team and Centralized Mobile Publishing.
• Champion data driven decision making.
• Mentor, develop and support the game -- and the studio's PM team. As Director of Product you also have oversight of the studio Product Management team and craft. You are responsible for creating cross-team communication channels and setting best practices.
• Own all KPI's for your game - including setting realistic monthly, quarterly and annual KPI targets. Work closely with Producers, Designers, Engineers and other Product Managers to design, tune, balance and ultimately roadmap the game to achieve those targets.
• Ensure the PM team provides detailed analysis of player behavior and reporting recommendations to development team in order to improve key metrics.
• Develop a framework to create and evaluate expected outcomes and ROI for items under consideration in the roadmap.
• Own the game P&L, in coordination with Finance and the game's Executive Producer, including re-forecasting and Monthly Business Review. Responsible for the forecasting accuracy of the title.
• Drive roadmapping in cooperation with the game's Executive Producer with profitability as a primary goal.
• Oversee the design, balance and tuning of the game economy, including monetization strategy and IAP merchandizing.
• Working closely with the Game Design team, set goals for features and systems that align development with successful metric outcomes.
• Act as primary liaison between the game team and Mobile Publishing, including Analytics, Product Marketing, UA and Central PM.
• Get appropriate parties aligned on acquisition targets for title - including UA, Publishing and Marketing.
• Use knowledge of fandom, marketplace and personal experience to ideate and execute on innovative growth strategies that help grow your game.
• Determine the game's key player personas. Collaborate with the Executive Producer and game team to ensure that the game delivers on expected motivations of these personas.
• Leverage your experience and expert level understanding of player personas to provide qualitative feedback during the development process. Ensure objective evaluations of game features and systems through the lens of player motivations and personas, balancing creative wants with business needs.
• Responsible for Soft Launch strategy. Pulls all stakeholders together to align on plan.
• Working with Analytics and Engineering, design a data schema for your game that provides insights for the development team across game systems, metrics, player types and time windows. Ensure