Director, Product - Dc Mobile Core Game
Warner Bros.San Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
WB Games San Francisco united DC's greatest superheroes with ''DC Legends'' and brought the Wizarding World to life with ''Harry Potter: Wizards Unite''. Now WBGSF is seeking a Director of Product to join our team in the development of the next generation of WB mobile games.
The ideal candidate for this role has worked closely with internal teams; and is excited by the prospect of collaborating with PMs, Designers, Engineers and Producers to create quality, performant mobile games that will engage our legions of fans for years to come.
They have worked extensively in the free-to-play games space from concept to live operations, and has led forecasting, P&L development, and P&L management.
A passion for creating quality mobile games that deliver on our fan's expectations – a must!
• Engage and inspire -- be an integral part of the game's leadership. Lead the creation of innovative features and gameplay that players love while driving strong business results.
• Be an advocate and voice for your title - as DOP you'll be expected to present the business plan, monetization plan, metrics and executional strategy at the highest levels of WB and to the IP/Franchise owners where appropriate.
• In cooperation with the game's Executive Producer, responsible for delivering and operating profitable gaming service business through an internal development team and Centralized Mobile Publishing.
• Champion data driven decision making.
• Mentor, develop and support the game -- and the studio's PM team. As Director of Product you also have oversight of the studio Product Management team and craft. You are responsible for creating cross-team communication channels and setting best practices.
• Own all KPI's for your game - including setting realistic monthly, quarterly and annual KPI targets. Work closely with Producers, Designers, Engineers and other Product Managers to design, tune, balance and ultimately roadmap the game to achieve those targets.
• Ensure the PM team provides detailed analysis of player behavior and reporting recommendations to development team in order to improve key metrics.
• Develop a framework to create and evaluate expected outcomes and ROI for items under consideration in the roadmap.
• Own the game P&L, in coordination with Finance and the game's Executive Producer, including re-forecasting and Monthly Business Review. Responsible for the forecasting accuracy of the title.
• Drive roadmapping in cooperation with the game's Executive Producer with profitability as a primary goal.
• Oversee the design, balance and tuning of the game economy, including monetization strategy and IAP merchandizing.
• Working closely with the Game Design team, set goals for features and systems that align development with successful metric outcomes.
• Act as primary liaison between the game team and Mobile Publishing, including Analytics, Product Marketing, UA and Central PM.
• Get appropriate parties aligned on acquisition targets for title - including UA, Publishing and Marketing.
• Use knowledge of fandom, marketplace and personal experience to ideate and execute on innovative growth strategies that help grow your game.
• Determine the game's key player personas. Collaborate with the Executive Producer and game team to ensure that the game delivers on expected motivations of these personas.
• Leverage your experience and expert level understanding of player personas to provide qualitative feedback during the development process. Ensure objective evaluations of game features and systems through the lens of player motivations and personas, balancing creative wants with business needs.
• Responsible for Soft Launch strategy. Pulls all stakeholders together to align on plan.
• Working with Analytics and Engineering, design a data schema for your game that provides insights for the development team across game systems, metrics, player types and time windows. Ensure data can be retrieved and analyzed rapidly.
• Ensure a multi-variant testing strategy for soft launch and post launch is in place, provide management with detailed numbers feedback and reporting in alignment with established studio practices.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Graduate degree preferred.
• Formal Business, Economics, Statistics training preferred.
• 7 years Product Management experience in video game industry with increasing responsibility.
• At least 3 years' experience in mobile games.
• At least 5 years in free to play games.
• Must have demonstrated success (top grossing) in the mobile, free to play market.
• Ideal - Have worked with a major IP.
• High level of familiarity with Data extraction and, co-horted behavioral analysis required.
• High level of familiarity with higher order mathematics and statistical analysis required.
• Ability to think scientifically and dispassionately about hypotheses related to the performance of the product, formulate plans and tests, resolve experiments, and improve metrics.
• Deep understanding of mobile games and mobile game market.
• Strong understanding of what ''great'' looks like in all areas of game development from performance through to creative direction.
• Expert in virtual economy creation and management. Experience monitoring and managing the game economy in live service for one or more products.
• Strong knowledge of free to play monetization strategies.
• Skilled and experienced in running live service operations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – Ability to present complex information at the highest levels within the organization effectively.
• Excellent Excel modeling skills, including P&L management.
• Very comfortable managing KPIs through analytics for live, long term engagement games.
• Skilled in MS Excel, Power Point, Google Suite applications.
• Experience with Jira, Confluence or other production management tools.
• A love of Warner Bros IP!
• Occasional travel required.