Director, Labor Relations Counsel
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. Entertainment seeks a Director Labor Relations for Television and Features Labor Relations. Handles union-related matters/claims/grievances, production & WB personnel inquiries, and participates in industry-wide negotiations for Warner Bros. Entertainment and affiliated companies as needed.
• Provide counsel on Feature and Television productions regarding the application of domestic and international guild and union agreements.
• Provide counsel on production for WB Games, and feature and television animation.
• Advise various divisions including Legal and Business Affairs, Casting, Post- Production, Consumer Products, Marketing, Residuals, Home Entertainment, Digital Distribution, and Corporate Legal, on the application and interpretation of the various collective bargaining agreements.
• Investigate and resolve guild and union claims/grievances.
• Gather/research data for litigation, NLRB charges, arbitration proceedings, and negotiations. Also gather various statistics from departments and arrange them when necessary for negotiations. Conduct research as it relates to state and federal labor/employment law.
• Obtain factual basis for and processes various union waiver requests (e.g. if talent wants to use a make-up artist that is not a union member).
• Respond to/investigate guild and union late payment claims. Review claim checks against payroll history and negotiates settlements where appropriate.
• Support and attend Step II grievance hearings and arbitration proceedings.
• Conduct in-house surveys requested by the Alliance of Motion Picture & Television Producers relating to customary practices of contract administration at our studio.
• Research and resolve union payroll issues/complaints.
• Various additional projects as assigned.
• Attend meetings and negotiations at the AMPTP.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum 6 years experience working in a studio or guild labor relations environment preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree
• JD strongly preferred
• Member of CA State Bar
• Research skills required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Knowledge of contracts and complaint process.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work with challenging personalities.
• Must have a sense of humor and be able to pivot quickly when necessary.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.