Director, Franchise Development
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Search for Director, Franchise Development jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Franchise Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Franchise Development? The Daily
WarnerMedia seeks a Director, Franchise Development - DC for the Franchise Mgmt & Marketing department. The Director, Franchise Development is a dynamic, strategic and collaborative professional who will lead the development and activation of WarnerMedia Global Franchise Strategic Plans along with responsibility for collaborating across the enterprise to build the DC franchise businesses.
This position develops and delivers worldwide strategic Franchise Plans and Integrated Franchise Plans utilized for Business Unit and Territory activations. Focus is on the DC Portfolio. Plans and activations drive key KPIs including but not limited to brand awareness and relevancy. The role is responsible for franchise communication and marketing tools to achieve collective goals. Works in partnership with Studio & Networks, HBO Max/Direct to Consumer, Sales & Distribution International, News & Sports, and Corporate Functions. Concentrated efforts and partnership with the DC Comics teams, Legal and Business Planning, Business Units, Territories, Research & Insights, etc.
The position calls for strategic, innovative and creative thinking, continuous planning, and exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. The position authors or co-authors plans and oversees the development and execution of supporting tools for assigned Franchises/Properties.
• Acts as the Franchise steward by being the voice and advocate for the franchise throughout WarnerMedia.
• Authors or co-authors Franchise Strategic plans, Integrated Franchise Plans and presentation materials. Evaluates opportunities, identifies priority fan segments, develops franchise positioning, growth and content opportunities, and ancillary business opportunities while analyzing competition.
• Oversees the creation and maintenance of Franchise toolkits and support materials, including but not limited to Franchise Presentations, sizzles, integrated calendars, franchise guidelines, etc.
• Works to develop cohesive and synergistic plans across WarnerMedia Business Units and Partners
• Oversees day-to-day management of franchises with Business Units and Territories
• Builds and maintains relationships across Business Units and Territories including but not limited to WB Theatrical Integrated Marketing team, WB Home Entertainment, WB Interactive Entertainment, DC Comics, Publicity & Communications, etc.
• Works with Business Units and Territories to identify incremental business opportunities to drive franchise value.
• Works closely with international territories to support local activation of strategies and marketing programs.
• Manages approvals and ensures activations adhere to brand and franchise guidelines and values.
• Ensures that all franchise plans and marketing activations are designed and implemented to meet specific measurable goals (short term and long term).
• Communicates and interacts regularly with constituents on the development of the
Franchise Strategy, Interactive Franchise Plans, Business Unit and Territory activation plans and general franchise updates.
• Shares best practices with partners.
• Carries out other duties as assigned by the Vice President or Senior Vice President.
• BA/ BS required, MBA a plus
• Minimum of 7-10 years' experience with Brand and/or Franchise Development
• Proven success in cross-divisional, synergistic roles with multiple stakeholders required
• Experience with consumer research and analysis preferred
• Experience with a movie studio and/or entertainment fields highly preferred
• Proven ability to lead and foster a highly collaborative team
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven track-record in communicating and building consensus with all levels of staff, internal divisions and external stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and excellent judgment. Able to work effectively with senior level executives.
• Must have the ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality in handling sensitive information and materials.
• Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Excellent project management, prioritization and planning skills
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive and productive demeanor
• High proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote required
Nice to Haves
• Ability to travel when necessary This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.