Director, Financial Administration - Wbtv
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/17/2020 5:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Financial Administration - Wbtv jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Financial Administration - Wbtv postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Financial Administration - Wbtv?
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. Television seeks a Director, Financial Administration for the GF TV Prod Financial Administration department. The Director, Financial Administration will work extensively with Business Affairs, Estimating, Production, Current, Casting, Production Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Administration, Human Resources, and WBTV Legal to compile, review, analyze, prepare, process and disburse ATL payments to fulfill contractual obligations.
• Manages Estimating and Financial Administration in processing of all Above-the-Line payments for the WBTP Division and all its subsidiaries. This position is the WGA payroll and WGA contract expert. Responsible for reading complex Overall Producer agreements and other complex contracts to scheduling and administrate payments. The department has heavy volume servicing approximately 100 overall deals, 500 development scripts and 2,000 series transactions.
• Services requests by auditors for SOX, Guilds and Participations. Provide analysis for such requests.
• Works closely with Business Affairs and Legal departments for facilitating ATL payments TV productions, TV development, and budgeting information.
• Creation of new episodic payment memos for each series.
• Assist Sr. Vice President, Financial Administration with various cost analyses as instructed. This will include analyses requested by Labor Relations for negotiation purposes.
• Sarbanes Oxley Initiative: Reviews internal and external audits of television productions as related to financial information and cost processing.
• Creates journal entries and corrects distribution errors as needed.
• Instigates the assigning of development, overall deal, and special job numbers for general ledger.
• Monitors costs accumulated on development projects, talent hold deals, and overall deals to insure correct payment processing and analyses for same.
• Maintaining administrative functions of overhead cost system.
• Interfaces with outside payroll companies for payment of ATL Talent on pilots, series, and mini series.
• With approval of Sr. Vice President, Financial Administration, assist Vice President, Directors, and Managers of Estimating as needed with production functions.
• Creation of new forms and processes to increase paperwork productivity while reducing paperwork quantity. This will include interfacing with various departments and personnel to reduce or eliminate snags.
• Coordinating of Estimating, WM Global Payroll personnel of new forms and processes.
• Submit journal vouchers for transfer of overall paid to assistants of writer/producers on overall deals to various productions.
• Coordinates with Legal Department for payment of WGA and DGA clip fees.
• Promotion of new or modified suggestions regarding Estimating, Financial Administration, or corporate procedures and how they relate to departmental functioning.
• High school or equivalent and college preferred.
• 5 years WGA Payroll experience, production cost budgeting/estimating experience, preferably in television.
• Must be familiar with all phases of television production sufficient to estimate costs.
• Must have knowledge of accounting principles and procedures sufficient to review and ensure the accurate distribution of production costs.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with production executives and all levels of personnel.
• Must be able to prepare and present clear and concise cost production reports.
• Must be able to supervise professional and clerical subordinates.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Ability to maintain various reports
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of management
• Must be able to travel to various locations for location audits or production accounting needs.
• Must be able to adhere to numerous deadlines
• Must be self-motivated
• Must be able to handle personnel issues
• Must be creative to facilitate new forms
• Must be diligent to secure payments for associated departments as needed
• Must be dependable and able to work flexible hours.