Director, Corporate FP&A
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/20/2021 8:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Corporate FP&A jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Corporate FP&A postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Corporate FP&A? WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks an Director, Planning & Analysis for the Financial Planning & Analysis department. Spearheads preparation of Financial Review packages for planning cycles, including summary P&L activity, business unit drivers and variance narration. Also oversees other reporting requirements, such as Intercompany and Franchise Reporting. Responsible for maintaining BDS calendar, implementing significant process improvements and creating/maintaining the procedures manual. Often leads coordination / communication with Warner Bros. divisions and WarnerMedia.
• Responsible for the Financial Review presentation for each Forecast period and the Budget/long-term plan, including:
• Narrative analysis of Quarter/Year to Prior Plan, Budget and Prior Year.
• By-title gross profit analysis across TV, TH, Home Entertainment, Games, & Kids divisions.
• Oversee access to SAP and other systems.
• Oversee charts / graphs as necessary.
• Monthly Close Reporting, including:
• Narrative analysis for Month / Quarter to Prior Plan, Budget and Prior Year.
• Determines list of company headlines.
• Investigates material discrepancies within BDS and across other departments.
• Supervises version controls, manages iterative updates & responsible for accuracy.
• Prepares ad-hoc analysis schedules as needed.
• Reviews by-title costing and consolidated analysis from Sr. Financial Analyst.
• Coordinates with Warner Bros. divisions and WarnerMedia on outputs, deliverables, questions; oversees policy document.
• Creation/Maintenance of Executive Dashboards.
• Oversees the collection of input schedules from divisions, reviews for accuracy and distributes to the broader working group.
• Review earnings materials as necessary.
• Coordinates procedures and department communication with the greater finance group.
• Responsible for the continual improvement of analytical reports & processes to create time savings.
• Responsible for creating / maintaining processes and onboarding manual.
• Handles other special projects as required.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Economics or related field required, advanced degree preferred.
• CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in FP&A/Budgeting/Financial Strategy or related environment required.
• Previous experience in public accounting and/or the entertainment industry strongly preferred.
• Supervisory experience required.
• High level of accountability, self-initiative and resourcefulness in order drive output for BDS department.
• Strong analytical and logic skills including ability to grasp the ''big picture''.
• Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statements.
• Effective written / verbal communication skills in order to coordinate across Warner Bros./WarnerMedia & ATT.
• Strong supervisory and personnel development skills; including ability to effectively mentor staff.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel required; familiarity with developing & utilizing complex formulas in Excel required.
• SAP BW/BPS/Hyperion experience extremely helpful.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.