Director, Business Analytics
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio's powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Harry Potter.
The division's successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc. seeks a Director, Business Analytics for the WBCP Finance department.
The Director, Business Analytics position will focus on supporting the Consumer Products business (CP Category and Retail Sales / Marketing) with quantitative and qualitative analysis to help further business initiatives, provide insights regarding retail opportunities and support financial analysis. The position will be a key partner to senior management in Global Sales, Retail, Category Management, Digital Strategy, and Data Science to establish growth strategies.
• Leverages our internal retail revenue systems to provide accurate retail data to assist in growing the business
• Partners with key account retailers to seamlessly transfer WB revenue
• Designs, analyzes and provides recommendation to support our product & franchise strategies at key accounts
• Enables product lifecycle analytics for the commercial businesses from contract negotiation to POS sell-thru
• Leads the vision and implementation for our Product Information Master (PIM) to effectively enable product analytics
• Leads the Business Analytics workstream to develop and deliver CP's business analytics roadmap within CP's technology upgrade program
• Assists in defining and operationalizing GBE's holistic data acquisition and management strategy
• Monitors sell-in and sell-thru performance from internal point-of-sale business data
• Evaluates and analyzes existing licensee performance driving overall profitability
• Develops and maintains feature placement and marketing reporting tools to ensure ROI alignment
• Analyzes account and market trends to provide competitive intelligence and impact on the market
• Builds and forecasts weekly retail seasonality curves based upon comp titles
• Champions fact-based selling to drive insight into action, while translating the data into powerful stories
• Leads ad hoc projects, as requested
• 10 years' experience in licensing, retail planning and financial analysis
• 5-7 years' experience with data analytics, management, and governance
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field required
• MBA preferred
• Ability to partner with system developers/designers
• Excellent technical, analytical & organizational skills
• Experience in developing and reporting business performance metrics
• Experience with advanced reporting tools, such as Tableau Power BI, etc.
• Advanced PowerPoint skills, including ability to construct pitch decks and ''tell a story'' using PowerPoint
• Ability to lead, recruit and develop talent
• Able to build strong working partnerships along with the ability to listen understand and influence
• Ability to craft concise recommendations based on thorough business and market analysis
• Ability to communicate complex ideas and data graphically in an effective way
• Ability to deliver on multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines and be effective and decisive under pressure
• Strong intellectual curiosity and continuous improvement, consulting, customer service mindset
• Adaptability and flexibility to work well in a fast-paced, results-oriented and rapidly changing environment
• Team player with interpersonal ability to work with others and collaborate to achieve goals
• Ability to prioritize activities, manage timelines, and deal effectively with pressure
• Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
• Ability to operate autonomously, high tolerance for ambiguity and transformative culture
• Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Access, Publisher and One Note
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.