Digital Production Artist
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
DC Comics seeks a Digital Production Artist for the Manufacturing and Operations department.
• Professional knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat) to use in a fast-pace production environment with abilities to creatively problem solve and adapt and create efficiencies using a wide range of technical tools (such as Photoshop Actions) that Adobe software offers.
• Knowledge of comic book formats for digital and print. Tasks include Descreening, Trapping, Text and Art restoration.
• Maintain communication with digital partners ensuring timely file deliveries with high-quality accurate file. Assign titles as it pertains to a platform and track progress using SharePoint, basecamp, Monday.com from start to finish for frontlist content, backlist content, corrections, quality control and package content for partner distribution.
• Have knowledge of a CMS and learn proprietary authoring tools for a high-quality reading experience.
• Scan comic book pages on flatbed scanner. Clean up scans.
• Archive and organize files as directed.
• Maintain equipment as designated in accordance with position requirements.
• Attend production meetings as required and perform other related duties as assigned.
• Constantly available for team communication using MS Teams and Webex, and report to supervisors during office hours.
• Prior computer, prepress or production experience required.
• Two (2) years equivalent work experience preferred.
• Related degree from an accredited art school preferred.
• Previous print, digital art, or related experience required.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign is required
• Familiarity with comic book stages (pencils, inks, coloring, lettering) is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of Mac based peripheral devices required.
• Experience with using Wacom equipment.
• Ability to successfully work in team environment and interact with other people required.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have good multi-tasking skills.
• Must work effectively under deadline pressures.
• Understanding of how consumers read comic books and can translate the reading experience to a digital format.
• Must have strong drawing skills (portfolio review required).
• Reading documents, attention to detail, math skills, problem solving, following directions, ask questions when anything is unclear, confidentiality.
• Knowledge of how to operate a digital copier and scanner.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.