Warner Bros.Chicago, IL
Full Time Job
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc, and developers of Mortal Kombat and Injustice, seeks a Design Manager to be responsible for managing the internal design team as they work to realize the game design vision crafted by the Creative Director and our Advanced Designers. This position will work closely with our design team and our production team in advancing and optimizing our design process in order to develop game content within the constraints of the game development cycle. The Design Manager will focus both on ensuring the production sensibilities of schedule while supporting the creative expectations of the game.
The ideal candidate has previously managed internal game design teams that have shipped multiple successful games both on Console and in the Mobile space.
• Work closely with the design team to coordinate creation and maintenance of design documentation to help communicate outward design expectations and requirements.
• Ensure successful implementation of features against creative goals and production deadlines.
• Manage the design schedule, in coordination with the scheduling producer and LIVE producer.
• Clearly define all design workflows, communicate documented processes, and collaborate with production on the implementation of these processes.
• Act as the primary liaison between the design team and other disciplines, and ensures clear bi-directional communications.
• Act as mentor and motivator to the internal design team, supporting both personal and department growth.
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience)
• The ideal candidate will have worked in both a design role and a project management role on at least one game project (each) from inception to completion and ship.
• He/she will have written design documents and maintained them during game development on at least one game project.
• He/she will have experience with a LIVE game cycle, with at least one full year of supporting a game once LIVE.
• Minimum of 6 years in game development, with at least 3 years in a management role.
• Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal.
• Excellent organizational skills, including both strong skills in prioritization and multitasking.
• Strong conflict resolution and mediation skills.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
• Scripting/coding knowledge, sufficient to understand script-heavy design processes.
• Requires a self-starter with high level of initiative and proactivity.
• Positive attitude and collaborative approach to problem solving.