Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
WarnerMedia seeks a Data Engineer for the WB Technology department.
• Data Integration and Pipelines – Design and develop data integrations from a variety of formats including files, database extracts and external APIs.
• Operations and Tuning - Investigate problems and resolve as required, including working with various internal teams and vendors. Proactively monitor the data flows with a focus on continued performance improvements. Develop POC's and best practices for application development
• Application Ownership – Own the application/data end-to-end from requirements to post production, working closely with other teams. Provide engineering leadership by actively advocating best practices and standards for software engineering. Share knowledge and guide junior engineers to level-up the whole team.
• Minimum or 5 years of software engineering/development experience
• Minimum of 5 years of Data Analytics/data engineering, Complex ETL/ELT experience using Python/Scala and SQL.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience using Snowflake and Airflow.
• Minimum of 3 years working with Big data technologies including Hadoop and AWS Suite of technologies (S3, EMR, Lambda).
• Minimum of 3 years architecting datastores – NoSQL/SQL
• Experience with consuming and creating restful API's
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Expert problem solver with strong analytical skills
• Expert in Python and Scala
• Expert in SQL (Snowflake, MySQL)
• Experience using big data tools ( Map-reduce, Elastic search, Kinesis, Kafka)
• Experience using AWS technologies (EMR, S3, Kinesis, Lambda) and Airflow
• Experience in Spark (Scala/Java), Spark SQL and Spark Streaming
• Experience using Alation for catalogging data
• Strong object oriented and functional programming skills
• Experience using Git and Jira
• Experience using Restful APIs
• Experience with Ad platforms or CRM solutions is a plus
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work independently or collaboratively
• Detail oriented with strong organization and prioritization skills
• Entertainment and/or Social Media experience a plus
• Demonstrated ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.