Creative Executive- Stage 13
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Stage 13 is a fearless original content brand, showcasing a new generation of talent and fresh creative voices, creating dynamic, unapologetic scripted and unscripted short-form series.
WarnerMedia seeks a Creative Executive for the Stage 13 department.
Responsible for gathering information and managing scripted development for Stage 13 content slate.
• Works with SVP & General Manager, Head of Scripted Content, and Scripted team to support scripted content strategy with a focus on diverse, distinctive voices, talent, and IP.
• Tracks and brings in talent and material with high conversion potential. Covers film/tv markets and festivals. Seeks out untapped markets and connects with creative communities locally and/or globally for IP, creators, and partnerships. Identifies and connects with notable talent aligned with Stage13's mission for potential partnerships.
• Manages creative on projects from pitch, development, production, post-production, and marketing. Works directly with creators on concept/script development. Coordinates and manages critical information and workflow with production team and stakeholders. Reviews episodic material and give notes throughout all phases from development through production and marketing.
• Reviews and assesses new and existing slate of material and projects. Provides clear and rigorous analysis based on key variables (e.g.: story, talent, market, audience, culture, etc.)
• Initiates and supports relationships with talent, agents/managers, production companies, network executives, and partners. Taps into networks to acquire necessary market intelligence to support internal strategies
• Develops pitches and presentation decks. Works with team to pitch projects and creators to potential partners, talent representation and buyers.
• Tracks, analyzes, and forecasts relevant cultural and market trends across a variety of mediums, formats, and platforms.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years experience within the entertainment industry.
• 2-4 years hands-on experience with one or more of the following: tv/film development; on-set producing (series, features, and/or short form); talent development/representation with focus on writers and/or filmmakers.
• College degree or equivalent required
• Ability to assess and manage projects with a high level of quality control, cultural integrity and authenticity.
• Expertise and passion for diverse and global stories, talent, and IP.
• Track record advocating for and collaborating with diverse talent and IP.
• Skill collaborating with talent with strengths in identifying unique voices, break-out material, or ideas at early stages.
• Robust network of industry and talent relationships.
• Strong working knowledge of marketplace, buyers, talent representatives, and executives particularly, across scripted series space.
• Passionate, curious and discerning consumer of tv, film, pop culture, art, literature and media. Has a clear point of view and taste while open and perceptive in assimilating new ideas, sensibilities and perspectives.
• Nuanced grasp of audience tastes and trends across fan affinities, generations, and mindsets. Tapped into the social and cultural zeitgeist.
• Strong grasp of story, structure and genre fundamentals across mediums ats.
• Entrepreneurial and innovative in approach to identifying and sourcing IP and talent.
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, judgment, and diplomacy collaborating with team members, senior managers, stakeholders, talent, and partners.
• Skilled in discussing intersectional issues in creative/production process with sensitivity and diplomacy.
• Top quality written and verbal communication skills with ability to read the room.
• Skilled in prioritizing and managing multiple projects at same time with fast-paced/fast-changing environment.
• Strategic thinker and problem-solver.
• Results-oriented, highly self-motivated.
• Willing to be adaptable and flexible working in off-hour schedules.
• Willing to travel.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.