Warner Bros.San Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
WB Games Inc. seeks a Community Specialist for the WBG Burbank Network department to help us build engaged and loyal communities for our mobile games. The Community Specialist will act as the voice of WB to our players, while representing the voice of the community to the Game Teams.
We are looking for a self-starter to create, craft and execute community communications plans. Our ideal candidate will also be responsible for tracking and reporting consumer sentiment across the game's social media channels as well as being on the forefront of mobile gaming trends.
You will have the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the games we launch, due to tight integration with the studio development team, whilst also being a primary point-of-contact with affiliated functions in WB's Mobile Publishing departments such as Marketing and PR.
Ideally you'll have a bachelor's degree in communications, English or a related field, and have at least five years of community management, or social media communications experience with a major consumer products brand. You'll be joining a team of committed mobile and console gamers, so you'll definitely have a voracious appetite for reading about, talking about and playing video games of all kinds. A love for WB intellectual properties and associated brands; such as DC Comics, Game of Thrones, Lord of The Rings, Harry Potter is highly advantageous!
Reporting to the Director of Product, this role is crucial to driving Warner Bros.'s aggressive goals in mobile games.
• Create content – including editorial posts, polls, contests – to engage the community, build loyal fans, and spread positive sentiments.
• Develop the community management strategy in collaboration with the Game Team (Product Manager, Producer, Designer, Monetization Manager, Customer Relationship Manager) for assigned game.
• Develop innovative community management practices as we grow our mobile game practice.
• Monitor, report, and drive key community engagement performance metrics (e.g., reach, engagement, positive sentiments).
• Implement community management actions and monitor forums.
• Act as liaison to Customer Support and address the community's needs.
• Identify community leaders and empower them to more actively contribute to the greater community.
• Analyze and identify issues and trends, and share player feedback with the Game Team.
• 5 years experience in community management.
• Record of success in building a community.
• Expert in social media.
• Passion for mobile games.
• Entrepreneurial self-starter.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Creative thinker with fresh ideas to activate our community.
• Team player with positive attitude.
• Detail oriented and results driven.