Cinematics Layout Artist
Warner Bros.Remote, IL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Cinematics Layout Artist (REMOTE)
Location: United States - Illinois - Remote
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room.
The Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks a Cinematics Artist to be responsible for creating cinematic content across Story, In-Game, and Mobile utilizing traditional filmmaking principles and 3D computer graphics knowledge on in-house proprietary tools as well as standard industry packages.
• Implement, polish, and\\or create Cinematic scenes
• Review and Validate externally produced cinematic content
• Evaluate cinematic content in Engine
• Troubleshoot and fix cinematic content issues
• Assist in Motion Capture for in-game or Story sequences
• Communicate with Lead and Team Members
• You're passionate about video games, storytelling and movies
• You're a clear and concise communicator, able to provide updates on your work regularly to various stakeholders
• You're eager to apply your previous experiences while curious and able to learn new tools quickly
• You're organized, detail-oriented and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at a given time
• You're a technical problem-solver
• You're a strong collaborator able to work well with others to achieve common goals
• Formal art education such as BFA from accredited art or design school or equivalent level of experience required
• Knowledge of camera work and editing techniques
Nice to Haves
• Familiar with Unreal Engine 4
• Experience with Cinematography
• Experience with Compositing software (After Effects, Nuke, etc.)
• Strong Maya or Motion Builder user
• Experienced at developing content for Game Engines
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.