Cinematic Junior Associate
Warner Bros.Salt Lake City, UT
Full Time Job
Cinematic Junior Associate (TEMP)
Location: United States - Utah - Salt Lake City
NetherRealm: The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room! Monolith: For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet. That's where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title! Turbine: Founded in 1994, Turbine, Inc., a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio, is focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its mobile titles, which include Batman™: Arkham Underworld and the upcoming Game of Thrones® mobile game. Avalanche: Avalanche Software was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment from Disney in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE is a companion video game to the upcoming Cars 3, in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. WB Games SF: Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher across multiple platforms. In mobile games, we have a growing portfolio of hits that includes DC Legends, Mortal Kombat X, and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry, such as DC Comics, Harry Potter, and LEGO. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Mobile Publishing team. WB Games New York: WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
WB Games Inc., seeks an Associate Artist to support and assist the Avalanche Cinematic Team. This position is an individual contributor primarily focused on assisting the cinematic creation teams from a technical standpoint.
This work can include scene setup in Motion Builder, Maya, and our in-house cinematic tool, maintaining functionality of cinematics throughout the project. The Associate Artist Intern will also be responsible for asset verification and collection for outsourced cinematics.
• Provide Cinematic Scene Setup and maintenance which will include:
• Set up MotionBuilder props and sets from in game assets
• Set up SceneRigs (Proprietary tool)
• Export and setup Sub scene files (Propriety tool in Maya)
• Maintain functionality of cinematics throughout the project.
• Support outsourcers as needed with asset verification and collection before it is sent out, and intake of the new data
• Provide general cinematic support
• At least 1 years' experience in college or industry
• A BFA or a BS, focusing on game development or similar background is preferred.
• Experience with industry standard 3-D packages (Motion Builder and Maya.)
• Able to grasp and enjoy technical work.
• Experience and understanding of art/animation pipelines for modern video game pipelines
• Able to learn new packages and proprietary tools.
• Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
• Able to self-manage and meet deadlines.
• Must work well within a team.
• Excellent communication skills, especially within the animation department.
• Willingness to accept direction and redo/iterate work until it's right.
• Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the game to the next level.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.