Warner Bros.Shanghai, SH
Full Time Job
Category Manager, Softline (Shanghai, China)
Location: China - Shanghai
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio's powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera.
The division's successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
• Develop Fashion, Home and Publishing category strategic licensing plans and sales strategies. identify growth opportunities and new business initiatives with the goal to drive incremental revenue. Identify and apply competitive/industry key learnings and trends and apply to growing new business. Provide critical input, research and analysis on strategic initiatives and high-level business decisions.
• Existing licensee evaluation, renewal deal term negotiation including recommends guarantees, and royalty rates based on specific property and current market assumptions, category analysis and day-to-day category management; Establishes and cultivates potential licensees, prepare presentations, contract negotiation, and follows through to execution.
• Manage and monitor revenue and expense budgets across Fashion, Home and Publishing category to ensure that financial objectives are achieved. Organizing, executing, and analyzing licensee forecasts. Participate in all budget meetings to establish revenue goals and track progress quarterly.
• Monitor licensees' overall performances throughout contract term, including product sales, financial commitments, marketing efforts and distribution strategies. Examine potential to cross-promote products between licensees to maximize sales opportunities.
• Works with Franchise, Product Development and Creative to coordinate all aspects of licensees' product development.
• Determine and establish appropriate retail opportunities to build and manage WBCP brands.
• Attends assigned trade shows and visit licensees as necessary to develop licensee base for Fashion, Home and Publishing categories.
• Work closely with Global Category teams and partners in Theatrical Promotions, Home Entertainment, WBIE and DC Entertainment to ensure alignment on business strategy and client communication
• Local Production: Kick off the Consumer Products opportunity for Local Production to support and establish local IP in China. Coordinate with global and local Legal, Franchise, Creative team to work out a new business model under WBCP to raise brand awareness and enhance the business opportunity for WB China.
• Develop category strategic, licensing plans and sales strategies for Local Production IP. Identify growth opportunities and new business initiatives with the goal to drive incremental revenue.
• Special projects as needed.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in sales and marketing including at least 5 years in entertainment licensing or related field.
• Knowledge of Fashion and/or Home category licensing required.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor's degree is required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Fluent in Chinese and English
• Must have a successful track record in category management and proven ability in developing, analyzing and implementing business strategies and plans
• Must have excellent negotiating skills, flexibility and knowledge of consumer products and the licensing industry.
• Must have ability to organize and prioritize work, prepare and present written and oral sales presentations, and communicate with clients, licensees, and management to determine needs and solve problems.
• Knowledge of entertainment industry preferred
• Effective and proven interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
• Effective and proven organizational/leadership skills required
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, inside and outside the company.
• Must possess proven and effective sales forecasting and budgeting skills.
• Must have effective and proven problem-solving skills.
• Must be confident and demonstrate initiative.
• Must be an analytical thinker.
• Must be a strategic planner.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Must be able to travel as needed.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.