Building Services Representative
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. Studio Operations (WBSO) oversees the physical operations of the historic 110-acre main lot in Burbank including its 30 soundstages and 20-acre backlot, as well as production-related services including costume, set-dressing, construction, set lighting, catering, transportation, photography and much more. The production site also hosts tours for consumers offering guests intimate views at the inner workings of thriving entertainment studios.
Warner Bros. Studio Operations seeks a Building Services Representative for the Office Services & Property Management department.
This position supports the Office & Production Services Directors/Managers in project oversight and client representation, involving production and corporate for Warner Bros. Studio Operations client support. In many instances (primarily outside of weekday office hours, when we have a roster of Managers, Directors, and a Vice President present), the Rep may be the sole on-site studio representative to assist clients. Working with OPS management, this position serves as a liaison between clients in offices or stages and internal WBSO maintenance or trades when a maintenance issue occurs or when client requests come in directly.
• On-site client service: (with and without Directors / Managers): walkthroughs/scouts for upcoming production or office activity in offices, stages, backlot sets or dressing rooms; standby coverage during certain shoots, moves or other activity. Includes instances when the clerk is the only on-lot Operations coverage for a given production (nights and/or weekends). On site meetings with corporate clients related to office moves or projects.
• In-office client service: Post memos, maps, vendor access, and other correspondence to WBSO departments; schedule Set Watch and WBSO trades for required services; arrange pest control, TV Cable services, carpet cleaning, and maintenance to elevators, bollards, gate arms, roll-up/electric doors; file for state permit compliance; generate orders for maintenance response, signage and marquee adjustments, cleaning, furniture moves, shred bin requests and new keys; schedule conference rooms and request other maintenance as needed.
• Coverage of OPS office: answering phones (from on-lot clients and departments as well as inquiring outside productions), keeping record of business inquiry chains, office assistance to visitors. Attend walkthroughs with OPS managers as needed, scouts for locations on lot, uploading documents pertaining to access and activity notification to all other WBSO departments, request Studio Access Passes, schedule facility related work with various vendors, and schedule conference rooms.
• Provide administrative support to managers including filing, ordering office supplies and routing mail. Process P-Cards, and Expense Reports. Performs follow-up calls to ensure timely completion of work requests.
• Customer service experience (>1 year)
• High school diploma or equivalency is required
• Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Enthusiasm for property management, for the entertainment business
• An open mind for new information and methods of problem solving
• Strong endurance for a variable environment which can alternate between both long and busy days, and days which are relatively quiet and steady
• Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with all levels of studio personnel, including demanding clients whose issues need to be resolved promptly
• Comfort in receiving and protecting information which can be sensitive and/or confidential
• Willingness to keep a flexible personal schedule which can accommodate changes on short advance notice
• Strong follow-up skills
• A positive, optimistic, team-first presentation to both clients and WBSO colleagues
• Preferred: Prior experience in facilities administration
• Preferred: Entertainment/Studio experience
• Preferred: Call center experience
• Preferred: Experience using Planon, Xytech MediaPulse, Salesforce and Microsoft Teams
• Preferred: Knowledge of floor plans and workspace set-ups
• Preferred: Prior use in parking access or administration software (e.g. Gateworks or similar visitor management plans)
• Preferred: Basic knowledge of working nature of pest control service, elevators, bollards, gate arms, roll-up or electric doors, and other general property maintenance items
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.