Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Studio Operations (WBSO) oversees the physical operations of the historic 110-acre main lot in Burbank including its 30 soundstages and 20-acre backlot, as well as production-related services including costume, set-dressing, construction, set lighting, catering, transportation, photography and much more. The production site also hosts tours for consumers offering guests intimate views at the inner workings of thriving entertainment studios.
Warner Bros. Studio Operations, a division of WB Studio Enterprises Inc. seeks a Building Manager for the Office Services & Property Management department.
The Building Manager has oversight and is responsible for the day to day operations/logistics, tenant support, and maintenance activities for both production and non-production buildings on the main lot and ranch facility. They will serve as the point person for the onboarding of new clients, as the first point of contact with high level production executives and/or overhead executives. They also are the decision makers for occupancy, usage, scheduling of maintenance work and special requests and ensure safety protocols and security measures are followed when providing access to buildings for clients and for any necessary maintenance work, coordinating set watch and acting as a liaison between clients and other WBSO departments as needed.
include responding to production and non-production client requests sometimes on an urgent basis and being on call 24/7 when a building emergency arises, such as leaks, fire/life safety, security and access issues. Provide options for office space, coordinates moves/adds/changes, maintains/updates billing data, furnishes offices, and manages remodeling/construction projects. Supervises (1) clerk including scheduling, work assignments, job oversite and coaching and indirectly advises the call center for all of Studio Services.
• Supervises (1) clerk, including scheduling, work assignments, job oversite, coaching and training. Regularly follows up on projects assigned to clerk and provides feedback and guidance.
• Is on call 24/7 and responds to client and WBSO requests including in-person and by phone/email/text. Provides full range of office & property management services in an expeditious, thorough, and professional manner. Works with existing tenants to ensure space is maintained well including carpet, paint, furniture, utilities and cleaning. Has authorization to assign requests to in-house and outsourced vendors with tact and diplomacy, at times independently and on an emergency basis.
• Coordinates client relocations, space changes and additions including maintaining and updating billing in a timely manner. Recommends capital improvement projects.
• Working with an assigned department clerk, is responsible for ensuring general upkeep of building maintenance including building walks/inspections, responding to building system issues, coordination of trades/vendors and ensuring fire/life/safety systems are in compliance and within budgets. Must identify necessary repairs and improvements, select sub-contractors, vendors and materials to be used. Reviews expenses and invoices for services rendered.
• Serves as Project Manager for construction and maintenance work. Obtains estimates, approves payments, the issuing of purchase orders & work authorizations, schedules work, and obtains appropriate approvals when work exceeds $10,000.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or related area preferred
• 2-5 years experience in Building Management, Facilities Management or equivalent experience (property management, real estate, construction, maintenance, etc.)
• Background should include experience with office moves and relocations
• Expert Knowledge of Studio or Production Environment and practices, preferred
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.