Warner Bros.Montreal, QC
Full Time Job
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks an Audio Programmer to work on a new AAA console title. The audio programmer, working under the lead audio programmer, will be responsible to design, develop and supports run-time systems and tools related to narrative content and audio content.
• Work closely with voice designers, script writers, sound designers and other engineers to create a great player experience.
• Develop and maintain dialogue pipeline tools (content creation and run-time systems).
• Collaborate with members of the team to build sustainable, performant and maintainable technologies and code.
• Play an active role in supporting the game, addressing both low level and high level issues.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
• 3 years of experience in game development.
• Strong C and C skills.
• Strong C# skills.
• Strong mathematics skills (linear algebra and trigonometry).
• Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems related to narrative content and audio.
• GUI/Tools design and programming experience.
• Understanding of basic and advanced audio technical concepts (mixing and signal flow, sample rates, data compression, filters, reverbs, 3D positional audio, streaming usage, etc...).
• Experience with multi-threaded programming paradigms.
• Experience developing for gaming consoles.
• Experience with Unreal Engine and Multiplayer architecture is a plus.
• Experience with Wwise or other commercial audio middleware is a plus.
• Experience with scripting languages is a plus (Pyhon, Powershell, etc.).
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science.
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate with designers
• Ability to architecture technical solutions
• Passion for game development
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios' biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames.