Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/29/2021 4:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Studio Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Editor jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Associate Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Editor?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
DC Comics seeks an Associate Editor for the Editorial - DC Comics department. Assists Supervising Editor in creation, development, and maintenance of DC Comics with an eye toward new markets.
• Assists Supervising Editor with creation, development, and production of DC Comics, including licensed comics, digital comics including vertical scrolling, media tie-in comics, global cooperative works, collected editions, and custom projects.
• Edits minimum equivalent of two monthly titles, under the supervision of the Supervising Editor.
• Copyedits and proofreads books to ensure accuracy.
• Assists Editors in maintaining story continuity.
• Identifies and recommends potential talent and maintains relationships with current talent.
• Identifies and recommends potential new projects, particularly aimed at global and mass markets.
• Generates and maintain vouchers/contracts for talent as needed.
• Populates necessary materials for solicitations and collected editions, including writing synopses, back cover copy, and solicitation text as needed.
• Other duties/projects as assigned.
• Two or more years related experience as an Assistant Editor or above.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully (both verbally and in writing) with managers and other levels of the organization.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
• Must have the ability to organize.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Must have the ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple project elements simultaneously
• Knowledge of core comic book mythologies and terminology required.
• Knowledge of art, ability to discuss composition, color, and design required.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of comic book industry strongly preferred.
• Copyediting and proofreading skills preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Office/Outlook or Mac equivalent required.
• Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat required.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop) preferred.
• Interest in global business and cultures.
Travel: Domestic travel - rare
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.