Assistant Production Manager - Clearance
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. Animation Inc. seeks an Assistant Production Manager – Clearance for the WBA Development & Production department.
Reviews outlines, designs, scripts, storyboards and rough cuts, etc., to ensure use of only fictitious names and places; advises on copyrights and legal requirements; researches information; negotiates releases, prepares correspondence; advises executives and production personnel on clearances and other issues.
• Reviews outlines, designs, scripts & storyboards to ensure that names, places, businesses, etc., do not infringe the rights of third parties or are otherwise clear to use. Confirms facts by checking information sources and reviewing third party clearance reports.
• Reviews animatics and rough animation to verify required changes have been made and to check if any further clearances are required.
• Discusses results and questions with executives and production personnel.
• Obtains permission for use of any third-party trademarks/copyrights and other third-party materials for use in WBA's programs. Analyzes all content for possible infringements.
• Performs clerical duties such as typing, copying, and filing.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Previous experience in legal or television production environment.
• Previous script clearance experience required.
• College degree required.
• Strong attention to detail-oriented work.
• Ability to work in deadline driven environment.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Strong written and verbal communication necessary.
• Knowledge of industry practices in the production of animation
• Must understand basic intellectual property concepts (copyright/trademark).
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with executives, creative personnel at all levels on legal-related issues, and outside representatives of agencies and corporations.
• Must have professional demeanor and possess the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
• Must have the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints and prioritize assignments.
• Must have excellent follow-through and ability to find and utilize all resources available.
• Must be flexible and able to work hours subject to production needs.