Assistant Category Manager, Hardlines
Warner Bros.Shanghai, SH
Full Time Job
Location: China - Shanghai
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio's powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Harry Potter.
The division's successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
Develop FMCG and Toys category strategic licensing plans and sales strategies.
• Identify growth opportunities and new business initiatives with the goal to drive incremental revenue. Identify and apply competitive/industry key learnings and trends and apply to growing new business.
• Provide critical input, research and analysis on strategic initiatives and high-level business decisions.
• Existing licensee evaluation, renewal deal term negotiation including recommends guarantees, and royalty rates based on specific property and current market assumptions, category analysis and day-to-day category management
• Establishing and cultivating potential licensees, prepare presentations, contract negotiation, and following through to execution.
• Manage and monitor revenue and expense budgets across FMCG and Toys category to ensure that financial objectives are achieved.
• Organizing, executing, and analyzing licensee forecasts.
• Participate in all budget meetings to establish revenue goals and track progress quarterly.
• Monitor licensees' overall performances throughout contract term, including product sales, financial commitments, marketing efforts and distribution strategies.
• Examine potential to cross-promote products between licensees to maximize sales opportunities.
• Working with Franchise, Product Development and Creative to coordinate all aspects of licensees' product development.
• Determine and establish appropriate retail opportunities to build and manage WBCP brands.
• Work closely with Global Category teams and partners in Theatrical Promotions, TV/Home Entertainment, WBIE and Franchise Marketing to ensure alignment on business strategy and client communication
• Special projects as needed.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales and marketing function.
• Both vertical and licensing business model experience in FMCG or Toys industry preferred.
• Experience working with global and local consumer products companies preferred.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent desirable.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Fluent in Chinese and English
• Must have excellent negotiating skills and flexibility
• Knowledge of consumer products and the licensing industry.
• Must have ability to organize and prioritize work, prepare and present written and oral sales presentations, and communicate with clients, licensees, and management to determine needs and solve problems.
• Knowledge of entertainment industry
• Effective and proven interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, inside and outside the company.
• Must possess proven and effective sales forecasting and budgeting skills.
• Must have effective and proven problem-solving skills.
• Must be confident and demonstrate initiative.
• Must be an analytical thinker.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Must be able to travel as needed.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.