Warner Bros.Salt Lake City, UT
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Utah - Salt Lake City
Avalanche, a Warner Bros. Games studio, located along the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, has been in the video game business for 22 years. Acquired by Warner Bros. in 2016, we are at the top of our game and in the midst of creating a new, open world, action RPG experience, set in the Wizarding World - Hogwarts Legacy! Come join us in imagining adventures and creating worlds together.
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Generalist Artist to join the team working on the upcoming game, Hogwarts Legacy, a new open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World.
• Work comfortably within a team of artists, designers, programmers and supervisors.
• Provide a high degree of skill in at least one discipline and proficient in others (modeling, texturing, animation, rigging, lighting, FX, integrating assets in Unreal Engine4, etc)
• Proactively work with project leadership and collaborate closely with the Art Manager to understand artistic, technical and design requirements of assigned tasks and complete those tasks considering time and quality.
• Perform other duties as needed in a willing and cooperative manner (be a helpful team member)
• A bachelor's or master's degree or equivalent work experience in 2D/3D animation, graphic design or video games
• 3 years' experience as an Artist in the industry
• Proficient in Maya, 3dsmax or equivalent
• Proficient in content integration with in UnReal Engine 4
• Proficient in Adobe software: Photoshop and Illustrator.
• A well-developed knowledge of foundational art principles (e.g. color theory, composition, anatomy, etc)
The Nice to Haves
• Experience with ZBrush
• Experience with Substance Painter and Designer
• Experience with Jira
• Working experience in the Unreal Engine including scene assembly, materials, lighting, FX, terrain sculpting.
• Ability to conceptualize ideas, produce concept art, storyboards, or mockups as needed and revise quickly.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.