Warner Bros.Chicago, IL
Full Time Job
Netherrealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for an exceptionally skilled Environment Lighting Artist to help bring out the life, mood, and emotion of our stories. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of dynamic/static lighting, post process effects, proficiency with physically based shading systems, and a team-oriented collaborative approach to art production.
• Responsible for working closely with team members to light in-game and cinematic moments
• Work collaboratively with rendering engineers to develop and improve the lighting/rendering pipeline
• Help guide and improve asset creation workflows to yield better lighting results
• Address and implement feedback from Directors and Leads
• Stay current with the industry leading standards for lighting and post
• In-depth knowledge of lighting, value, composition, color and attention to detail in environmental design.
• Minimum 2-year 2D/3D art degree, architecture degree, or equivalent.
• 3 to 5 years of game industry experience as a lighting artist, with at least one shipped AAA title.
• Proficient in lighting fully photorealistic environments and characters.
• In-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine 4. Bonus points for Blueprint and Sequencer familiarity.
• Solid understanding of performance requirements for different lighting approaches.
• Well rounded understanding of asset creation, specifically areas that relate to materials and lighting.
• Proficiency with Physically Based Shading including material painting in Substance Painter/Designer.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational skills and a positive attitude
• Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
• Receptive to direction and performs well within a team environment.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.