Warner Bros.Salt Lake City, UT
Full Time Job
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for a n Animator, Cinematics to join the team working on our upcoming game Hogwarts Legacy, a new open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World. The Animator will be responsible for collaborating on product cinematic design, for overseeing development of art concepts, storyboards and visualizations, and for approvals of final art content while working very closely with the Director of Cinematics and Art Lead, Cinematics to develop and realize the vision of the cinematics .
• Responsible for animating 3D character models in a realistic game, this includes working with motion capture data, hand keyframed animations and facial/lip synch animations.
• Work with the in-house toolset to help set up characters and rigs, while also making characters and objects game ready
• Develop animatics (both 2D and 3D) for game projects
• Implement the 3D cameras for in-game cinematics
• 4 years of progressively complex game industry experience in art and art direction
• Experience in animating motion captured animations a major plus
• Knowledge of one or more types of 3D software a required (Motionbuilder is preferred, Max and Maya).
• Solid eye for natural character performance
• Strong troubleshooting skills, ability to adapt to new technology and complex pipelines
• Willingness to provide and accept direction, able to work well under pressure and the ability to embrace change
• Ability to work well within a team and collaborate productively with others.
• Diligent with individual and team tasks, schedules and adherence to budget limitations
• An active, passionate interest in current video games and film to help drive quality to the next level
• Preferred 2-year 2D/3D art degree or equivalent functional experience with excellent critique and vocabulary skills
• Able to communicate effectively verbally and visually
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Avalanche, a Warner Bros. Games studio, located along the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, has been in the video game business for 22 years. Acquired by Warner Bros. in 2016, we are at the top of our game and in the midst of creating a new, open world, action RPG experience, set in the Wizarding World - Hogwarts Legacy! Come join us in imagining adventures and creating worlds together.