Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
HR Services provides payroll, travel and expense, human resources, HRIS, IT and benefits administrative services to the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies.
WarnerMedia seeks a Payroll Analyst for the HR Services Payroll department. The Payroll Analyst is responsible for payroll administration, payroll audit, and the application of best practice payroll processes. (S)he is highly knowledgeable in the entry of timecards, processing of hours to gross and gross to net, and the auditing of payroll results. This individual should be experienced in high volume, multi-state payroll with knowledge of payroll regulatory compliance across all states in which employees reside, including US and expatriate employees, and experience with payroll processing for multiple legal entities. (S)he has processed payroll for unions and is experienced with collective bargaining agreements and unionpension health and welfare plans. The Analyst will compile, analyze, and document issues on payroll and related activities in order to identify systemic issues or problems. (S)he will research and respond to payroll inquiries from customers and stakeholders. This individual will support internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external and internal auditors. (S)he will participate in special projects when required.
• Conduct payroll activities utilizing Workbrain Online Time and Attendance (OTA), Workday Time Tracking, and Workday Payroll including but not limited to:
• Entering, reviewing, and auditing timecard data, pay inputs, and pay results.
• Adjusting time entries, pay inputs, or payroll costing allocations.
• Tracing payroll transactions to the financial system general ledger(s).
• Mass loading payroll data using Workday Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB).
• Calculating pay for union employees according to collective bargaining agreements, and all employees according to company policy and legislative requirements.
• Processing special pay requests for relocation, severance, leave of absence, and paid time off.
• Calculating additional payroll-related items, including garnishments, adjustments, pension, etc.
• Resolving any issues with taxes, imputed income, or benefit deductions.
• Initiating pay runs, monitor and audit payrolls.
• Calculating and entering retroactive pay changes.
• Exporting data from OTA for processing in Workday Payroll.
• Performing data analysis by running reports, and using Excel functionality (vlookups, index match, pivot tables).
• Assisting Payroll Reconciliation and Pension Teams to analyze and resolve payroll accounting and pension discrepancies
• Providing excellent customer service in researching and responding to payroll related inquiries from employees, agencies, and other internal/external parties.
• Triaging ticket requests in case management system for issuance of payments and other payroll issues.
• Supporting internal audits of various payroll areas and preparing materials for external and internal auditors.
• Compiling, analyzing and documenting issues on payroll and related fiscal activities in order to identify systemic issues or problems.
• Participating in testing of payroll system or process changes and enhancements.
• Reviewing and updating training materials on payroll processing and maintain internal policies and procedures in accordance with the law. Administering employee trainings on payroll policies and usage of payroll related systems.
• Supporting the Payroll Manager with other projects and tasks as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field or equivalent combination of work experience required.
• CPP or FPC certification preferred.
• Minimum 3 years related experience in payroll operations required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Workday HR/payroll or other SaaS payroll engine required.
• Understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters required.
• Experience with Workday HR/payroll integration and mass data uploads (EIB) preferred.
• Understanding of Motion Picture collective bargaining agreements and union pension health and welfare preferred
• Previous experience in a confidential business environment strongly preferred.
• Experience with a large multi-business unit organization is a plus.
• Experience working in a shared services organization is a plus.
• Knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel
• Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints.
• Must have excellent analytical skills.
• Must have excellent attention to details.
• Must be a self-starter and a team player.
• Must be able to handle a high volume in a fast-paced environment.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.