Advanced Game Writer
Warner Bros.Salt Lake City, UT
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Utah - Salt Lake City
Avalanche, a Warner Bros. Games studio, located along the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, has been in the video game business for 22 years. Acquired by Warner Bros. in 2016, we are at the top of our game and in the midst of creating a new, open world, action RPG experience, set in the Wizarding World - Hogwarts Legacy! Come join us in imagining adventures and creating worlds together.
Avalanche a division of WB Games, Inc., is looking for an Advanced Writer for their Story department. Join the team working on the upcoming game Hogwarts Legacy, a new open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World.
We are looking for a talented storyteller with a deep understanding of the wizarding world. Applicants should be creative, self-motivated problem solvers who enjoy collaborating with other writers and designers to create an immersive game narrative. If this is you, send us your resume and writing samples for consideration.
• Take the lead with the story and design team to develop compelling narratives.
• Provide British authenticity to the tone of the project.
• Research and play similar games to keep current on gaming trends.
• Resolve issues, take action, provide feedback and modify work based on direction from both the internal team and franchise representatives.
• Review product as necessary to help maintain on-brand messaging.
• Work with the cinematics team to keep the visual storytelling authentic and accurate.
• Oversee the daily work of assigned staff.
• Prioritize and assign narrative tasks to staff.
• Provide editorial on dialogue and on-screen text, including proper spelling, punctuation and grammatical structure.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced storyteller and writer, with a special emphasis on narrative writing dialogue preferably in console games.
• Work that shows an advanced understanding of gaming narrative and branching storytelling, particularly in the realm of RPGs.
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel a plus.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Knowledge of the game making process.
• Ability to perform well under pressure and deliver work in a timely manner.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Strong belief in a Team-based approach.
• 5 years of relevant game production/complex writing experience.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.