Advanced Designer, Character Systems
Warner Bros.Kirkland, WA
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2020 1:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Advanced Designer, Character Systems jobs in Kirkland-WA
Search all Advanced Designer, Character Systems postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Advanced Designer, Character Systems? Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for an Advanced System Designer to work closely with the Design and Production staff to support innovative character interactions. A designer on the Character Systems team is responsible for collaborating with the rest of the design team, artists, and engineers to implement the systems and content that drive interactions and behaviors between the player and non-player characters. This position will also work with the QA and Playtest groups throughout development to address critical feedback and make sure their systems play and perform as intended. An Advanced Designer should also set the example for junior designers on the team, mentoring and leading by example whenever possible.
• Work with designers, gameplay engineers, and content teams to implement non-combat character behaviors, interactions, systems, and features.
• Pursue designs to achieve the vision of design leadership and tune experiences for maximum player enjoyment.
• Help create and maintain living design documentation that keeps pace with the project's progress and accurately conveys all necessary information to Design, Art, Audio, Engineering, Production, and QA.
• Investigate and resolve gameplay issues identified by QA to maintain game stability and development velocity.
• 7 years of game design experience required.
• Experience with player behavior, AI, or narrative systems preferred.
• Experience with 3D open world action games preferred.
• We seek individuals with a diverse educational background who are excited to add their unique perspective to our team.
• Passion for game design.
• Attention to detail and self-motivated to make constant improvements.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
• Ability to work effectively with people of a wide array of personalities and backgrounds.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.