Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) develops and oversees the entire portfolio of Warner Bros.' television businesses, including worldwide production, traditional and digital distribution and broadcasting. Warner Bros' content is distributed around the world by Warner Bros. Television's Domestic and International Distribution groups.
Warner Bros. Television, a division of WB Studio Enterprises Inc. seeks an Administrator for the Studio & Network department. To provide direct support to the Vice President, Music Clearance and licensing as well as administer music clearance procedures, serve as liaison between Music Supervisors and TV Music, and update production information for the music clearance and licensing team.
• Reviews music supervisor packets for accuracy to ensure all elements are delivered properly as per their contractual obligation. Verifies third party songs are cleared 100%. Confirms all fees are entered correctly in Cleartrack and proper documentation is received on any changes.
• Inputs into departmental database song and license fee information for all third-party songs cleared by clearance representatives and outside music supervisors relating to WBTV and Warner Horizon productions.
• Responsible for the preparation of Accounts Payable paperwork and the researching and providing of vendor payee information for all checks processed by the department, as well as handling of all stale-date check issues.
• Generates for approval, signature and mailing quote confirmation letters, license request letters, check approval sheet and check transmittal letters.
• For assigned shows, research songs to determine publisher and/or master owner of musical pieces requested.
• Negotiate feel and licensing terms with publishers, writers, lawyers and others who represent third-party music used by Warner Bros. in order to obtain rights and fee quotations for use of any such protected music.
• Monitor and ensure that music supervisors are following preset guidelines such as making sure fees are negotiated properly, songs are cleared according to Warner Bros. policy, and paperwork is correct and delivered in a timely manner.
• Issue final EFC's and Check Batch reports upon close out of episodes.
• Responsible for the collection and full execution of all music related documents; as well as distribution of music cue sheets for all direct to internet productions.
• Under supervisor's direction, work closely with music supervisors to ensure that all outside music used by the shows cleared prior to filming.
• Advise music accountant when to release supervisor's payments.
• Monitors and tracks music supervisors' delivery of episode close-out packages and advise music accountant when to release supervisor's payments.
• Responsible for collecting cue sheets from music editors, distribution of same to music licensors, and makes cue sheet corrections when required by third parties all shows handled by supervisor.
• Responsible for ensuring all third-party publishing is accurately documented for Rapid Cue System (Performing Rights Societies),
• Distributes cue sheets to music licensors, publishers, performing rights societies, composers and in-house recipients.
• Sends out clearance revision requests when song uses have changed.
• Drafts of quote request letters for supervisor's execution.
• Responsible for continued maintenance of Cleartrack system in coordination with MIS and programmer.
• Renegotiates 3rd party license fees as directed by supervisor.
• Handles the notifications of song use to third party licensors for music used in WB and Warner Horizon productions.
• Answers telephones, screens, logs and places calls.
• Schedules appointments, meetings, etc.
• Opens, records, reviews, and distributes incoming mail.
• Organizes and maintain various departmental files, records and logs.
• Makes travel and accommodations arrangements.
• Performs other related duties as assigned, including music IP acquisition, as needed.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Must have 4 years of administrative experience within the TV/Film production or Music industries.
• Type 40 wpm
• Knowledge of 10-key
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel required.
• Knowledge of report and letter format.
• Knowledge of personal computer/word processing system required.
• Music clearance and licensing experience required.
• Previous experience managing budgets required.
• Must have good grammatical skills.
• Must be able to prioritize tasks.
• Must be able to prepare logs, reports and such.
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail and follow through.
• Must be well organized and proof read all incoming and outgoing work.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with personnel, talent, producers, etc.
• Must be able to set-up and maintain accurate, up-to-date files and records.
• Must be able to handle confidential information.
• Must be able to work under constant deadlines.
• Must be willing to work as a team and be available to all in department
• Must be able to work at a fast pace with accuracy
• Must have ability to perform research as required
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.